Before shots at 59 yrs old, no laughing!

Options
I want to do this because of what I am learning. For me (I'm not saying this is for everyone) I am realizing I might very well gain weight the way I plan to add to my workout. But I want to shape up more, tone up. I am convinced the fat will go away but more important, I want to build muscle to protect my joints, feel good and look the best I can for my years. Not necessarily in that order since I don't know many women that don't want to look pretty and sexy as possible whether married or unmarried:) Just my opinion:)

So with that said, and at the risk of maybe grossing some people out, I am going to show you all "my needs" in the physical department, LOL! This is going to help me I believe because admitting what I need to become healthy is the first step towards getting that way. I didn't know what I needed back in May. I thought all I needed was to lose fat. The winners on MFP are teaching me different:)

So if anyone wants to be a friend here and watch my diary and exercise, as well as my progress when I take some photos maybe end of Summer again, please do:) Also, I am guessing at least a year, maybe more to reach my goal. My goal is not a "weight" on the ticker, it is a "look" of a healthy, height/weight proportionate bod. You will also notice I am going to eat my exercise calories because I believe that is the way. So it will be out there for all to see if it works or not. I am not afraid and sort of setting myself up as a guinea pig(no pun intended)to help those that are "maybe" not eating enough calories! Denise

PS I know people don't usually post befores when they start. I needed people, especially my size and age(59, 5' 2" and 133 lbs)that MFP is every bit for us for those with different bodies:)

Omg, I have to hit the "post topic" button and I am so scared, LOL! I admit it is hard to let the guys see how bad I look but to heck with vanity!

befores7_7_2012.jpg

Replies

• 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Standing straight and proud!

The hardest part of embracing a change is to accept where we are starting from and then putting it out there for others to see.

Being honest with yourself is a huge step forward and while the road ahead may not always be down hill it will be populated by many who share your pain, struggle, joy and sense of accomplishment.

Count me it! I'm at the same place and time, fighting the same fight and cheering you on!
  • purpleplum1214
    purpleplum1214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Very brave! you go girl
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks hobbit:) I am so glad you showed up here and we are friends now:) I will get past the initial shock of doing what I did, putting the pics up. LOL!! Thank you again;) denise
    Way to go! Standing straight and proud!

The hardest part of embracing a change is to accept where we are starting from and then putting it out there for others to see.

Being honest with yourself is a huge step forward and while the road ahead may not always be down hill it will be populated by many who share your pain, struggle, joy and sense of accomplishment.

Count me it! I'm at the same place and time, fighting the same fight and cheering you on!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Thank you much purple:) I am feeling very excited about my journey now:)
    Very brave! you go girl
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of courage to share with the world, and you have acheived that... ;) Stick to it and you will achieve your goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You don't look 59!!
  • fishiesintheseaa
    fishiesintheseaa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with TavistockToads, you totally do not look 59. And look at those legs!! They seriously look great. Congratulations to you, and good luck on your journey! (:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Way to GOoOoO! 5^^
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I had to read it twice. 59? I would have thought you were in your 40's. Good luck with your journey :drinker:
  • JMC529
    JMC529 Posts: 14
    Options
    We all start somewhere! But 59? Are you serious? You dont look your age at all! I would guess in your 40's.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I am sooooooooo excited and just know this will be a hard but great trip!
    It takes a lot of courage to share with the world, and you have acheived that... ;) Stick to it and you will achieve your goals.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement everyone. I love coming to MFP and I love the way my moods have changed just in a short time of eating better and being more active:)

denise
  • kymdarnell
    kymdarnell Posts: 101
    Options
    You are my hero! If you want support and telling off (when required :-) ) please add me. You should be so very proud of yourself ... :flowerforyou:
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You really don't look like you're almost 60, damn!

And if you have the courage to post your before photos (I don't) I have no doubt you have the strength of will to accomplish your goals. I'd love it if you'd be willing to friend me, you seem pretty awesome.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    ty ED:)
    Way to GOoOoO! 5^^
  • countrygirl0905
    Options
    You are much braver then me. i can't bring myself to do the before pictures