200 pound fitness instructor ...

Options

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It all boils down to how much bodyfat you're carrying. That woman is loaded with muscle, and that's where her curves are coming from. She has a beautiful body. 99% of the female population are lacking the genetics for that amount of lbm, so don't get your hopes up, ladies. To be fit like this woman, you still have to shed the fat.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    She's a total beast! :) As long as your body fat is in a good range, it doesn't matter how much you weigh.
  • mybodyisacage
    mybodyisacage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing, and so fit. Nice to see what 200 healthy pounds can look like on a strong woman. I can't carry 200 pounds as I am 5 ft. 5 in., but with a muscular lower half (what some might call pear-shaped), I know I don't have to weigh 125 to look healthy for my height when I get closer to goal (still overweight now) and exercise regularly.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    To each his or her own, but I'd never hire a fat fitness instructor.
    I see great value in people who have actually achieved peak fitness - not quit on themselves, then make it out like some virtue.
    Again, just an opinion.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

All respects Bobby, but did you watch that video? Just the first 30 seconds, the rest is interview stuff. That woman is a beast and hardly what I would call fat.
    Yes, this is one of those topics where we will respectfully have a point of departure.
    I suppose that's because I was very strong and very active when I was still very fat.
    Some of us are like that.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The lady is saying basically that larger framed or taller women don't have to starve to be stick and bones because they are naturally larger. Please watch the video and then comment.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The PT looks good. My issue is wit the people she's training. I just hope they don't think "I can go stuff my face everyday, it's okay cause i workout. and i want my curves"

I totally agree that some women can start to perceive her message that way, although I don't think that's the intention.
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I see great value in people who have actually achieved peak fitness - not quit on themselves, then make it out like some virtue.
    Again, just an opinion.

200 pounds does not always mean fat though. I have a trainer who's gotta be like 215 with only 12% body fat, he's not fat at all, dude is jacked!

And hey, if it were this lady telling me to do a track workout, you'd better believe I'd follow what she says! This lady is beasting the fitness haha :3
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Again, just an opinion.

All respects Bobby, but did you watch that video? Just the first 30 seconds, the rest is interview stuff. That woman is a beast and hardly what I would call fat.

Yes, this is one of those topics where we will respectfully have a point of departure.
    I suppose that's because I was very strong and very active when I was still very fat.
    Some of us are like that.

Pu did make a good point:
    The PT looks good. My issue is wit the people she's training. I just hope they don't think "I can go stuff my face everyday, it's okay cause i workout. and i want my curves"

So in this case I would have to agree, I don't think working out should become a reason to keep all your bad habits, but rather look at it as a way to keep your body fit.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    OMG!! She looks so good! She is the perfect example of what a ft "everyday woman" looks like. Although that could never be me b/c I am only 5ft and 120 looks fat on me. People who are saying she is fat obviously have not looked at the video. That woman is a BEAST!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!! Whoever said she was fat obviously didn't look at the video.
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    that woman fit and not fat, she can train me any day. love the Nigerian powerhouse
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Usually I would agree with some of the others such as "it's still healthier to lower your weight in proportion" and "I wouldn't hire a fat trainer" etc

HOWEVER.. in this case I just have to say Wow, she does not look like 200lbs!! She is obviously a very fit woman, you can see muscle definition, and she looks in good shape. I would hire her. Yes, she does look bigger than the average trainer but not in a bad way at all! She is the definition of "curvy" and not just using the word curvy as an excuse for fat.

Seriously, she looks better than I did at my heaviest (150lbs,5'8)
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Like she said. Dont be scared to be different. There will always be people out there to criticize you. Be yourself. Do it your way. And screw what the jealous idiots of the world say.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,141 Member
    Options
    I think the people saying she's fat feel if you don't show plenty of muscle definition, you're fat.

For me, she looks great and beautiful, but I'm not attracted to people with overly defined muscles.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    i might not be abole to crack a watermelon but i can pinch a loaf um err of bread

Lol
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    For those who havent looked at the video this is the 200 pound fitness instructer.

2la661f.jpg
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Badly airbrushed arms in this shot but in the video she has great arms.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Again, just an opinion.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    If you look at her video you would see she was not fat, before you judge she is very fit and tone and 200lbs look different on everybody. its not about a number she has abs there is no fat on this lady.