30 Day Shred

Options
Approx how many calories burned during Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred? Anyone know?
Thanks!

Replies

• skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Try investing in a Hear Rate Monitor. Some of them keep track of calories burned.
  • WifenMom
    WifenMom Posts: 40
    Options
    That's a good idea ...I normally don't incorporate my burned calories into my daily total- I seem to do better when I stay at 1200/day- but it's nice to know how many calories burned after all that hard work.
  • simplyme99
    simplyme99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It depends on your weight and intensity. I don't *think* it's a high calorie burner. I've read on another board (spark people) it's under 200 calories though.
  • jdkdavis
    jdkdavis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I enter mine in as 23 minutes of "Circuit training," as that was a tip from another board. It's 253 calories for me. I finished Day 7, Level 1 today. Good luck!! :)
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The average burned on level 1 is 180...
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    I used to log it under Circuit Training but a MFP friend of mine researched it off the Jillian Michaels site

this is her message:

"30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by your weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

Once you figure out your calories burned, follow this to add it to MFP Exercise Log:

Go to the Exercise Tab, Click Add Cardio, Search for 30 day Shred ( it won't show up), You'll see: Can't find what you're looking for? Add an exercise to the database, Click Add an exercise to the database, and enter in the information and save"

This is how I'm logging it now :)
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT4 HRM and mine usually ranges between 210-250 calories and I weighed about 247 then. 5'3" tall. That's on the lower range compared to my 1st 3 weeks of C25K so far where I burn between 260-310.
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The last two days I've worn my HRM when doing it and it was about 160 calories. I weigh 180 and am too out of shape to do the whole thing (I lay out on some of the jumping jacks) but I don't think doing the last couple of jumping jacks each time would bring me up the burn as much as it says I do when I log as circuit training and it's no where close to what I got when I used the equation that was on the website.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to log it under Circuit Training but a MFP friend of mine researched it off the Jillian Michaels site

this is her message:

"30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by your weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

Once you figure out your calories burned, follow this to add it to MFP Exercise Log:

Go to the Exercise Tab, Click Add Cardio, Search for 30 day Shred ( it won't show up), You'll see: Can't find what you're looking for? Add an exercise to the database, Click Add an exercise to the database, and enter in the information and save"

This calculation gives me 269 calories which is higher then my HRM usually says. However, I have to modify a lot of the moves (bad knees etc) so that could play a factor in that.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" 124 pounds and it's between 150 and 190 for me for level 1
  • WifenMom
    Options

this is her message:

• WifenMom
    Options
    Thankyou VERY much for all the replies. I will log this in as above stated - Thanks again!!
    Really appreciate it!
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You might want to think of getting the Fitbit. It is an excellent source for tracking calories burned.
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey guys doing the 30 day.
    I'm only on my second day but have really hurt my ankle, Jumping and skipping are really painful. As this only happens in the cardio section do you think i would be okay to replace the 'jumping' cardio with a blast on my static bike?? As with the bike i'm not landing on my foot?
  • jennakrysteen
    Options
    I have the Ft4 as well and mine has me buring around 250...but I though circuit training burned more than just cardio? Can the hrm pick that up as well? Not sure how that works...
  • moonbai
    moonbai Posts: 16
    Options
    For someone of my size and weight using a 5lb dumbbell according to my HRM I burn 814 calories and with an 8lb dumbbell I burn 827 calories