What's Going on...? Need advice please!

Options
13»

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    If you do more weight than cardio... it happens... muscles weights more

I've mainly stuck to just cardio, so I can rule that one out. It's still fat.. haha..
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    IMO protein is too low.
    Carbs are too high.

OP possibly thinks shes Sedentary but falls within the Light Activity range.

Double check your calories vs Fat to Fit and see if you have a big difference.
    >>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<

Shameless self promoting but it works.
    =D
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Hmm so less carbs (fruit and vegetables as well?) and more protein.. ok.

I would just target 100 g of carbs whatever the source, although I haven't tried the Net carb route, and yes, lots more protein

Good luck!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    your veggie intake looks ok. Those cherries are killing it with the sugar though. (I LOVE CHERRIES!). Lower sugar also means lower carbs in the long run.

def more protein. I only know that because I need more protein in my diet. I suck at getting the protein I need.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    your veggie intake looks ok. Those cherries are killing it with the sugar though. (I LOVE CHERRIES!). Lower sugar also means lower carbs in the long run.

def more protein. I only know that because I need more protein in my diet. I suck at getting the protein I need.

awesome thanks! :)
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Only reason I have been intaking so many fruits and veggies is because my dad recently went on a diet (about 6-8 months back).. and all he eats is..

oatmeal with fruit and nuts in the morning..
    then raw fruits and veggies throught the day..
    then either fish or chicken with veggies at night..

and he's lost like 60 lbs..
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My stats are identical to yours right now and my daily goal is 1900 cals per day and I'm still losing. I took my TDEE-20% and that's where I sit. I almost always eat back my exercise cals as well. Seems to be working for me! Try eating more!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    switch up your workout every few days and make sure you dont eat so little that your body enters starvation mode

LOL!

These threads write themselves now...

--P

I just sit back most times and enjoy the show. Then come back later when they haven't lost anything and then I can say told you so. You ate too much because you believed in the mythical creature that is "starvation mode".
  • jeanninecurran
    jeanninecurran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    are you drinking a lot of water? How about bowel movements? If you're not going every day I would suggest Mirolax or a gentle fiber powder. I looked at your diary and your choices are good but if you're not counting your exercise calories maybe you're not eating enough. I saw you are under your calorie goal. You are young and burn quickly anyway (at least compared to me at 50) so that could be a problem
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    So... it's been two weeks. Where does that put you in your <ahem> cycle?

I know for myself, during mid cycle and at the end of the cycle/coming up on the beginning of a new one, I retain water. My mid-retention is often 3-5 pounds, and my end is sometimes 8 or 9! O.o Just a possibility...
  • AimersBee
    Options
    are you drinking a lot of water? How about bowel movements? If you're not going every day I would suggest Mirolax or a gentle fiber powder. I looked at your diary and your choices are good but if you're not counting your exercise calories maybe you're not eating enough. I saw you are under your calorie goal. You are young and burn quickly anyway (at least compared to me at 50) so that could be a problem

I try and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day, some days up to 15 glasses, some days 6, usually no less than 8 though.

Bowel movements are fine, everyday for me. :laugh:

Yeah, maybe I'll start eating my exercise calories. Seems as though the majority of people are saying to eat a bit more.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    So... it's been two weeks. Where does that put you in your <ahem> cycle?

I know for myself, during mid cycle and at the end of the cycle/coming up on the beginning of a new one, I retain water. My mid-retention is often 3-5 pounds, and my end is sometimes 8 or 9! O.o Just a possibility...

Yeah I think I'm coming up on that as well, but it's been since May 19th where I've stayed stagnent, this wouldn't be the cause of it, if it's been that long.... :ohwell:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    There's some good advice on here and some crap. Calories are calories...it matters not that you a woman.

Your BMR is 1511, based on the stats on your home page. It starts there. If you set the 1400 and not MfP, then let MFP's system handle that. On your TDEE (BMR+Calroies burned) you are not eating enough. Also, if it's just cardio, you're doing it wrong. You need to retain muscle mass...so lift. The body will first go to your muscles for storage to burn while converting what you eat into fat.

In sum, eat more, lift, and enjoy
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Before you start eating more (or less fruit) I would pick up a cheap food scale and just for one week, be as exact as possible. Re-check all your labels, act like a lab researcher just gathering the most accurate data you can. You don't have to do it forever. It's just to make sure you're measuring roughly accurately. Don't lick spoons, don't graze while you fix meals, just try to log everything with calories.

Also, if you want a tool that's great at helping you estimate your total calorie expenditure across a week, consider getting a Fitbit. It's great for us sedentary + walkers. It can show you how much more you can burn by just adding little activities here and there throughout the day-- not Insanity, just a little stroll after dinner, etc.

Even if you find your intake is X-hundred calories less than your expenditure day after day, you will know the magnitude of the estimating error and can adjust accordingly.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You dont need to do exercise calories or net calories.... you can include exercise in your tdee calculation and eat that same number every day. Based on you stats, i would suggest eating 1700-1800 calories total. Stick around 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. This works for most people as long as there isnt a carb/wheat intoletance like pcos. Where you will see bigger stridea in fat loss is if you reduce the cardio and start heavy resistance training. Too much cardio and it can make fat loss difficult. Also, you wont gain muscle on a calorie deficit.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    You dont need to do exercise calories or net calories.... you can include exercise in your tdee calculation and eat that same number every day. Based on you stats, i would suggest eating 1700-1800 calories total. Stick around 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. This works for most people as long as there isnt a carb/wheat intoletance like pcos. Where you will see bigger stridea in fat loss is if you reduce the cardio and start heavy resistance training. Too much cardio and it can make fat loss difficult. Also, you wont gain muscle on a calorie deficit.

Hmm so some people say eat more, some people say eat less, some say eat where I'm at.

I'm so confused.

I guess one step at a time, In sum I'll try netting around 1500 cals a day (so eating my exercise calories back).. and eating more proteins, and less sugars and carbs..
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    This is a whole different approach than MFP but works great.
    The key is NOT to stifle metabolism.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I think with your daily walks and your 1200-1400 cal intake, you are maintaining your weight. You may need to do more than a daily walk. How long are your walks? Can you take about 30 minutes to exercise? Jog or run for 30 minutes? An at home workout?

I hear you on being busy. I work four ten hour shifts and taking three classes at a time for school. I get up at 5 am to exercise for thirty minutes.

Hope this helps :)

Yeah I just started 30 day shred as of july 4th.. so hopefully that boosts a little.

I am doing her 90 Total Body Revolution...Approaching week 4 and I love it! I am in a similar situation as you...I have been burning about 300 calories a day and eating all of them back., and have not lost a pound. But I am in taking too much in carbohydrates. Try eliminating all white breads and pasta and rice. Keep your carbs under 100 grams a day...you may see something in due time.
    It may take a couple of more weeks of being consistent to see some loss. Hang in there :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Hmm so some people say eat more, some people say eat less, some say eat where I'm at.

I'm so confused.

I guess one step at a time, In sum I'll try netting around 1500 cals a day (so eating my exercise calories back).. and eating more proteins, and less sugars and carbs..

It really comes down to about the same amount of calories over the week. Its just estimating your average tdee and forming a deficit. My way doesnt invovle net calories or execise calories. The big win with the way i use os you feed your body the same on recovery days which is a huge plus.
  • pandorajinel
    Options
    This. I almost flipped out when my scale went up after i had a particularly active day. Then I remembered where I am in my cycle and where that puts me water retention wise. I retain so much that my fingers swell.