Four years, from 114 lbs to 158 lbs

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am happy to se you were able to get past the number on the scale and work towards the shape that makes you feel your best. This is amazing progress. *round of applause*
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress but I have come so far, especially in the last half year. In high school I was basically anorexic (first two pics on the left). That's me on spring break my junior year in 2008 then at my junior prom, 114 lbs. I can't believe how fragile and bony I was. Several years later after falling into the terrible habits of binge eating and purging, that's me at 160 lbs. Taken last Halloween.

The final picture was taken a few days ago. Believe it or not... that's 158 lbs (only 2 lbs less than previous photo, but after 7 months of cardio and lifting 3x a week plus two weeks of Insanity. I'm also binge/purge free for 24 days right now. I am excited to see how I look and feel by the time I'm done with Insanity, but I know that even right now I've already made some great progress! I never thought I'd be as happy about my body as I am right now, even though I'm not at my goal body yet. Just know that you can overcome anything... I've struggled so much but I've come so far.

MOST DEFINITELY A GREAT SUCCESS STORY! And there are many others on here, who are also struggling with eating disorders, so I very much appreciate you sharing your story. Congratulations and I hope you continue on for many, many more days and years feeding your body healthy foods and exercising. You are beautiful!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!! Being healthy is what it's ALL about! You are proof that the numbers from a lying scale mean NOTHING!!! Awesome job...and FANTASTIC message!!!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! What a fabulous success story!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I realize this is not a typical success story considering I GAINED weight haha but I guess I feel like it's a success because I know I am so much healthier right now than I've ever been before.

Nope, you are wrong. You ARE success story. You recognized your habits, you changed your life style, and you look great as a result.

^ This. Great job!
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great and HEALTHY :)

Thank you for sharing and hang in there, you are definitely in the right path to achieve your goals!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You look great! Success is working towards your goal with diligence. It doesn't matter why we are counting calories. What matters is that we are taking care of our bodies and making choices that will make us healthier.

You go girl!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    way to go. Keep up the good work, you look great and healthy
  • jasper93004
    Options
    Way to stay positive and be healthy. Go Bucks!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    inspiration for me!
  • meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    Options
    You are amazing! What you did is such an amazing thing! Eating disorders are a huge component of my field of study. What you did takes a lot of strength! Keep it up! :)
  • Elysian13
    Elysian13 Posts: 79
    Options
    Congrats! :)

You look fantastic! It takes a lot of strength! Keep it up! :D
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You are right. It is a success story. Sometimes our biggest battle isn't the scale but the struggles we have emotionally with our self-image. Congratulations on being binge/purge free for 24 days. You are a beautiful young lady, and I wish you all the best as you pursue a healthy life.
  • karina530
    karina530 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    you look great! keep up the good work!
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look so strong now. Bet you feel strong inside too. My quest is in the direction of losing weight but it is really all about us all getting fit -- and you look FIT. Great job. :flowerforyou:
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Healthy success stories are the kind I'd rather read! Even though you gained, you look so much healthier now. You look fantastic :) Keep it up!
  • TERRIFIC success story! You look absolutely beautiful and so good to hear how well you are doing =D
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I realize this is not a typical success story considering I GAINED weight haha but I guess I feel like it's a success because I know I am so much healthier right now than I've ever been before.

Hey, well done - this is "my FITNESS pal", so you are right there :-) It's not about losing weight, it's about getting fit for life. Congratualtions, well done on learning new habits :flowerforyou:
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    You look sooooo fantastic! Congrats you look sooo much better with the higher weight even your skin looks great! You should be so proud of where you are =)
  • lakota1307
    lakota1307 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hang tough!! and you look GREAT !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!