Best way to avoid chocolate!!

Options
It was that time of the month last week. I had been doing so well losing weight (was down about 7 lbs in 2 months). Then last week rolled around and I craved chocolate/sweets like crazy and I just went ahead and gave into it!!! Now I feel crappy about how poor I ate. What do you do to avoid chocolate/sweets? I have chewed gum and eaten hard candy to get around it. I have also been able to eat yogurt and have it be sweet enough to avoid the actual sweets. I really want to lose weight and I am so fustrated with myself.

19032109.png

Replies

• Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I have the calories for it, sometimes that means no cheese on my sandwich or an extra walk. A life without chocolate is not an option for me, and not something I would be able to maintain. I usually have a glass of almond milk with light Hershey's syrup most days, it's enough chocolate to keep me from going crazy and destroying a King Size Snickers. Good Luck!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is good for you in moderation.
    Look for 70% or higher.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Avoid chocolate?? Never. Don't try to deprive yourself, just have a little bit! I eat some dark chocolate chips or a square of 70-80% chocolate basically every night.
  • michellematteson
    Options
    Nutella helps on the days when I don't have enough calories to eat the dark chocolate I would prefer but thick enough to actually fill me up. One tablespoon is 100 calories. The trick is getting that one tablespoon and walking away. As someone else said, don't remove it completely, or it may come back to bite you later.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    go for a walk or listen to music and dance around the room, it might help!
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Plan A - I 'budget' calories so I have room for chocolate. I will do extra exercise to get it!
    I need a T-shirt that says, "Will run for chocolate".
    Plan B - Brush and floss with really minty stuff and you might not want to "undo" that dental hygiene goodness.
    Good luck!
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Special K chocolaty delight pastry crisps. 100 calories for 2 of them, and they're great :smile:
  • dawnbrisset
    dawnbrisset Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also eat a little chocolate every day. I suggest going 80% or higher because it's less sugar, but just work it into your diet! Life is too short to give up chocolate!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    leave caloric room or spend an extra 30 minutes at the gym to create room. eat your chocolate and enjoy.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I have the calories for it, sometimes that means no cheese on my sandwich or an extra walk. A life without chocolate is not an option for me, and not something I would be able to maintain. I usually have a glass of almond milk with light Hershey's syrup most days, it's enough chocolate to keep me from going crazy and destroying a King Size Snickers. Good Luck!

THIS! I have a chocolate protein shake! yummy! Put some calories aside for your chocolate fix!

You can also try brushing your teeth when you get a craving, many people do not like eating right after brushing...might help in avoiding chocolate for a short time!
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies are only 90 calories
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid. I budget for it.

Which raises an interesting thought.... I budget my calories but never budget my money. Fascinating.....

Anyway, I just try to adjust for it, and I don't worry about going over a little bit. Sometimes a protein shake will ease the chocolate craving though. Or some ice cream... Usually lower cal than a Heath bar, or nutty bars.... {my weaknesses}
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have found many chocolate flavored black and green teas at the local tea store here. They contains small bits of chocolate, just enough to give a taste without getting the full calories. I have bought a few: orange and chocolate, chocolate and almond and for general fruity sweetness I have blueberry, strawberry-brittle, peach-yogurt, coco-chai, etc. It works -most- of the time.
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been chocolate free since August 2009 - yes chocolate free! The 1st few months was hard but now it doesn't bother me. I eat peanut butter with a little honey (with/without bread depending on my mood). I get the Edy's real fruit popsicles. On my really bad months where nothing satisfies my sweet tooth I eat Reese's Pieces the snack bags (they don't have chocolate in them just a hard candy coating).

You CAN do it!!! Always remember that tomorrow is a new day wit a fresh start!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate contains monounsaturated fat.
    This stuff helps you lose weight.
    Eat it every day if you have room in your macros.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein bars for me

Not ideal but I'm not looking for ideal

My macros are good and I keep at my calories
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate Thin Squares (70%) for 30 calories mixed with 1/2 cup Chapman's Dutch Chocolate Frozen Yogurt (90 calories). Great snack, especially when it is hot outside for only 120 calories. Kills the craving for me! Or, I run and then eat a chocolate bar...
  • donz304
    donz304 Posts: 5
    Options
    Freeze a small chocolate bar it makes it last a lot longer!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Special K chocolaty delight pastry crisps. 100 calories for 2 of them, and they're great :smile:

When did they start making chocolate?! Those things are soooo good, even the non-chocolate ones. I gotta look for those. :bigsmile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid it - I keep dark chocolate (72%) in my fridge, and break off 1/4 of the bar, which is three squares. I eat each square one at a time, letting in melt in my mouth and savoring every delicious bit of it! Makes it last longer and satisfies the cracing - and as Dan said, in moderation, dark chocolate is good for ya!

Last night I needed more calories (doesn't happen for me very often! Ha!), so had my three squares, a spoonful of peanut butter and a drizzle of coconut oil - It. Was. DELICIOUS! :bigsmile: