Calories in 1 slice of Subway Turkey? (8 to a footlong)

Options
ONe of my main diet staples is the Subway footlong turkey w/ ALL the veggies, no cheese or condiments and water to drink. (If I have extra calories to spare, I get a bag of light potato chips (75 calories).

They normally use 8 slices of turkey, but it's so much salt, so I lowered it to 4 slices. (originally 560 calories) I found a site online that ways 50 calories, but that seems kind of high but maybe not: 8 X 50 = 400., so 170 left for Bread and veggies ? Bread has GOT to be at least 200 calories. The veggies are prob no more than 30 or 40. Could err on the side of caution and say 60, then that leaves 500. Bread = 300, meat = 200? how about 250 and 250? IDK.

I need to know how much to take off because I know it ads calories. the bread isn't much more than say 3 slices of white bread, and that's 210 calories.

IDK-- anyone have any ideas? I didn't find anything on Subway's website. Maybe I"ll post on their FB wall.

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    stop worrying about salt unless you have high blood pressure issues or something.....salt doesnt stop you from losing weight or make you gain it
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    which bread?
  • Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just found a discrepancy on the Subway site.

If I chose the Veggie delight and choose 9-grain wheat footlong, all veggies no condiments or extras, the calories are 382.
    If I chose the salad, all veggies , no condiments, the calories are 324, which would lead you to believe the bread is only 58 calories.

However, If I chose JUST the bread, and NO veggies, condiments or extras the calories are 156, which would indicate the bread if 156 calories.

So, which is it? 58 or 156? :-/

Still haven't found anything for the turkey, lol
  • Kristinapedia
    Options
    stop worrying about salt unless you have high blood pressure issues or something.....salt doesnt stop you from losing weight or make you gain it

I do have high blood pressure AND I forgot to take my pill today but I'm not particularly worried about salt, I was more worried about the calories. If one slice is indeed 50 calories, I just saved 200 calories and still get protein. :)

@wiffe: 9 grain whole wheat.
  • kwrecks
    kwrecks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What I would do if you were more concerned at logging it, is just log it as a 6" turkey with all veggies, and then another 6" Veggie, that way it will count for all the bread and veggies and only the 4 pieces of turkey.
  • wiffe
    Options
    on the PDF of the nutrition from the website it says thebread is 210 cal
  • Kristinapedia
    Options
    What I would do if you were more concerned at logging it, is just log it as a 6" turkey with all veggies, and then another 6" Veggie, that way it will count for all the bread and veggies and only the 4 pieces of turkey.

Oh well, THERE you go! haha Well I got 439. That seems doable.

Except the calories on the website is NOT what it is in the store ( or printed on the napkins).... siiiiiiiiiiiigh

The footlong turkey says it's 496 but in the store it's 560 ! oy vey.
  • wiffe
    Options
    And it appears the turkey is 50 cal for what is on a 6" sub. So the meat on a full sub is only 100 cal for all 8 slices.
  • Kristinapedia
    Options
    on the PDF of the nutrition from the website it says thebread is 210 cal

Oh look at that! Didn't see the PDF-- thanks! :)

50 calories in turkey! Oooh I can build my own sandwich now--- too bad they didn't have a true "build your own sandwich" w/ calorie counts like domino's has for their pizza

In case anyone is interested: http://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/NutritionValues.pdf

Now my next "ponderance" is--- do all Subways put 4 slices on a 6" sub/8 slices on a footlong? I would think yes, because it's a franchise

I'm such a stickler for details, lol
  • wiffe
    Options
    I can ask a former subway worker if you want me to.