anyone know how many calories a sauna burns

Options
After looking on the internet i found a few site that say a 160# person burned about 300 calories in 30 mins . But i also found a few sites that say it does nothing as far as calories burning . Anyone out there ever try the sauna as a workout ( not that i would call it a workout ) and lost weight

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    It costs you little to no extra energy to sit on your *kitten* and sweat out extra water to keep your body temperature regulated cool.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Zero.

Edited to add: You lose water weight, not body fat.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    um. none. you sit on ur *kitten*. you lose water weight, not fat.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    none. Get outside and move!
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Living here in Texas I can tell you that if a sauna burned calories I'd be an underwear model. :laugh:
  • KeishaK89
    KeishaK89 Posts: 40
    Options
    you burn as many calories sitting at your computer desk as you would in the sauna. the sauna just causes you to lose water weight.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Living here in Texas I can tell you that if a sauna burned calories I'd be an underwear model. :laugh:

Dude! You and me both!
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    I do my ab workout in the sauna after my regular workout. I burn about 100-200 in 15-20 minutes. Pretty much the exact same as when I do it not in the sauna. But I get so much sweatier makes me feel like I'm working harder lol
  • Ajnips
    Ajnips Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do get out and move..lol..i was thinking about getting a sauna for the times after my workout and i still want more of a calorie burn. ( I have medical limitation ) My friend told me about it helping with burning calories. After looking on the internet i found many site that say it does . Has anyone tried it , if so did it work for you
  • Ajnips
    Ajnips Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ty all
  • drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    If you buy a sauna, do it for the relaxation and opening up the pores on your skin. If you buy for weight loss and a work out, you will be disappointed
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It burns about as much as those absurd shake belts.....
    vibrating-belt.jpg
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    oh if only it were that easy to sit on your butt and lose weight :laugh:

if the sauna worked then why not the hot tub or a hot bath?
  • blennieluvr
    blennieluvr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It increases your heart rate too so I do think it's more beneficial than just clearing pores and losing water weight. However, I agree with those who say don't count on it to burn calories.
  • bababangarangrang
    bababangarangrang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If that burned calories, well....areas of the deep south wouldn't consistently have the heaviest people per capita (not knocking the south...I'm from there)
  • vicky_b329
    vicky_b329 Posts: 24
    Options
    Lol. This thread.

If you were hoping for a bunch of enablers to tell you the sauna is a magic bullet and to go for it, I think you might've come to the wrong place...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    it only works if you drink raspberry ketones while in sauna...
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    None. You are only dehydrating, not sweating because you are burning calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the answer is...

ZERO.ZERO