Non Dairy Protein Powders ?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
Anyone here give any recommendations as I seem to be having more and more issues with dairy lately, and adding whey to my usual mix seems to just make matter worse.

I am looking for something I can mix into greek yoghurt preferably, and a decent flavour/taste.

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I use Vega One protein powder (chocolate), its dairy free and pretty tasty. . I think there is 15g/scoop.
  • ScreenGem
    ScreenGem Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Plant Fusion was referred to me by one of my friends on here who's a body builder. I've used the vanilla so far. Very "fine" powder, like a dust. 21g of protein/scoop. Costs between $17-$29, depending on where you get it from...:laugh:
    http://plantfusion.net/
  • oneprincesslea
    oneprincesslea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a LOT of digestive issues, and rice protein has worked out best for me, by far.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I like Nutribiotic vanilla rice protein. I have heard Vega is great but it's too expensive for me.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use egg white protein powder and I love it.
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use a soy protein isolate (from myprotein.com - unflavoured, dirt cheap, love it!)

I've read that whey isolate protein powders are usually okay for people who are lactose intolerant :)
  • ddelvill
    ddelvill Posts: 2
    Options
    I use Ultimate Nutrition - Protein Isolate. Its wheat protein, so no lactose and it has digestive enzymes with it. Never hurts my stomach and tastes great. I use it in shakes as well as cooking.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, I am sensitive to wheat and soya so those are not options for me.
    Rice, however sounds as if it might have promise, as long as it will mix okay in my yoghurt.
    It is a real pain in the backside that I am finding now, being older and after a history of EDs, my stomach seems to have become ridiculously sensitive, as I love the satiating aspect of the whey protein powders and the taste of some.
  • dianaconqueso
    Options
    I use Nutribiotic Rice Protein as well. It's a little gritty sometimes, but I mostly just deal with it. I often blend it into the milk I use for cereal in the morning.
  • scurry12
    scurry12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I really like Nutra Summa Pea Protein Powder. I have only tried the chocolate and I thought that it was really good! I actually just finished a tub. Here is the link:

http://nutrasumma.com/nutrasumma-products/protein/pea-protein-chocolate.html
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm using plantfusion currently.

Minimal chalky texture, pretty strong after-taste of stevia, but overall not too bad.

It is affordable and has 21g protein per serving, which is fantastic in the world of plant-based powders!
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use this stuff:

http://www.vitacost.com/lifetime-lifes-basics-plant-protein

Made from chia, hemp, rice and peas. I like the unsweetened vanilla flavor.