Can't Handle the HEAT?! ME EITHER!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Mall walk... they usually open the main doors early and walking clubs meet there before the shops open.
    No fee... in the AC... old people in the walking clubs will cheer for you.... can't beat it.

*Added bonus if there are stairs... walk up and down the stairs and all the floors of the mall with a HRM to push yourself.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thanks again, everyone! These were some great suggestions. :) Going for another late run tonight!

oh please don't run late at night! Unless you live somewhere extremely safe.......like outside the U.S.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm all about evening/night walking. The parks are closed by the time the heat goes away, but I live in a safe neighborhood where others walk their dogs around the same time.

For those that live in iffy areas, I'd back the idea of walking around an indoor shopping center, or even an outdoor plaza (at night). Don't be adamant about not stopping either; whatever keeps your interest, endulge it. Just make sure you cover the entire ground. :D
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options
    Thanks again, everyone! These were some great suggestions. :) Going for another late run tonight!

oh please don't run late at night! Unless you live somewhere extremely safe.......like outside the U.S.

Bahahaha...good point...BUT...where in the world is safe anymore? I'd rather walk around outside in the USA than in other parts of the world! ;-)
  • kcox4166
    kcox4166 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bikram yoga-also called hot yoga-is supposed to be done in heated rooms.
  • ddmba5
    ddmba5 Posts: 6
    Options
    Does your college have a gym? Even the community colleges here have air conditioned gyms that are free for students to use. Good luck!