What weight made you happy (in your past)?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
What weight in your past made you feel happy and healthy? Do you think if you get there, you'll be happy again? Are you planning on going lower in weight?

For me, I was about 146-150 last year in the spring. I was pretty darn happy with myself and my size even though my original goal weight was 135. I would be happy at 140, I think, even though I could technically go smaller for me height of 5'5". I am up in the low 170s now, but I am working hard at getting back down...hopefully to the 140s.

Replies

• crystaltate4
    Options
    i gotta say i was happy when i was in my low 170, at 5'7" was a good weight for me even though they say my goal weight is 160.
  • hsgz72
    hsgz72 Posts: 3
    Options
    I got down to 170 and looked good and felt good but my healthy weight is like 145. Now I have quite a journey to get back to even 170 :(
  • seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    Sounds like we are in the boat: Same height, happiest at same weight and about same weight now. I would love to be less than 140 but I would be happy with 145 again. I weigh about 168 now. Already lost 7lbs. Any suggestions you are trying now?
  • mumi
    mumi Posts: 24
    Options
    Before I had my son I lost 85 pounds and weighed 135-140. I felt great at 140, I am 5ft 3in and right now i am aiming to 150. Once I get there I will see how I feel:)
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    At 5'3", 120-125 felt really good. 125 is my goal weight.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    130-135 pounds I felt really good at.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure really. When I weighted 130 lbs (my lowest weight ever!), I was neither happy or healthy (drug addiction), so I'm using MFP to focus on nutrition and fitness simultaneously, it's always been one or the other for me, so we'll see how it goes.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm happiest between 135-140 (I'm 5'7")...when I was going thru my divorce I lost weight I didn't need to lose because of the stress and was very weak and sick all the time. I'm 136lbs now and aim to stay here if not gain a couple pounds of muscle when I start P90X in a couple of weeks. I feel strong and healthy right now :)
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    =/ Well..I've always been overweight. But, for 5' 4" and a medium frame.. I should weigh around 138-140. The last time I weighed that was when I was around 14. It has gone up from there! =( So I'm really not to sure. My goal is 140. I've looked at pictures from 8th-9th grade..I liked the way I looked. I know back then I still felt fat. I was chubby..but I look back and I realize how much I gained.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    125 was always my best weight, but I'm also short (5'2.5"). I currently weight 139, down from 146. (I saw 138 on the scale this morning, but I'm not logging it until it's been about 4 days.)

The lowest I got as an adult was 115 about 4 years ago, but I was in very poor health and not really eating much at all after my father passed away. Though I still had a little meat left on my thighs and butt, you could count my ribs. Gross.
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I was 125 a few years ago.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 125 was a good weight for me before. That was also pre-kids so I'm obviously not going to look the same as I did then but we will see. 125-130 is my goal.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are in the boat: Same height, happiest at same weight and about same weight now. I would love to be less than 140 but I would be happy with 145 again. I weigh about 168 now. Already lost 7lbs. Any suggestions you are trying now?

I am currently reading the book Real Moms Love to Eat, and I love it! It's so realistic and healthy. No deprivation, healthy eating, whole foods, something you can do forever. I am also actually following a workout program now. I usually do that for a bit then get sick of it. This one is more flexible. I am training for a 5K in August (ran a half marathon last year then kind of gave up running), along with doing strength training (my own thing based on what I've learned from ChaLean Extreme), and Turbo Fire/other cardio on my non-running days. These things seem to be helping me. I just wish the scale would move a little faster. LOL
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My happiest weight was around 140 lbs and that's my goal to get to right now. I might reevaluate that and go for 135 or even 130, after I get there, but for now, 140 is the goal and happy spot I have in mind.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    In my early 20's before I had my son, I was 125 pounds at 5'6". My goal now is 150, I'm 16 pounds away :)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs in 2006, and got down to 205, which felt great. But i want to see how i'll feel at 185.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    What weight in your past made you feel happy and healthy?

I guess before I was married, I was 130 pounds. But even then I was considered fat. I was a size 10 and my friends were size 6, 4...and that was before the sizes were changed...they would be 0's and 1's today.

If I EVER got to be 130 pounds again, I would count my blessings.
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and was happy at 110 pounds:

224219_10150183752924124_849454123_6804004_4430865_n.jpg

In the beginning, that's what I wanted to get back to. But now I believe that I looked too skinny and unhealthy. My new goal is to be strong and fit (i'm pretty much there, just a few padded areas to work on) but I'm not really sure what weight I will be at when I'm happy with myself.
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    Im 5ft 4" and currently 114lbs, at my heaviest I was about 136 and at my lowest 107, I have never ever been happy with my weight or my body because I can't change my shape (without surgery!!!) Im hoping MFP will keep me healthy and active and bulid muscle so I can learn to love and accept my body....that is my dream anyway!!! we'll see!!! :smile:
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I looked and felt my best at 140-145, and that is my goal now. The only thing I will change is increasing my muscle mass this time around. I am 5'6".