How long is your workout?

Options
I want some opinions, when your working out how long do you go for? A hour maybe 2 or just until your tired? I know people out there who spend half of their days working out in some manor but being a full time stay at home mom and housewife I don't do too much besides the gym for an hour and a half 6 days out of the week if I am lucky and I try to motivate myself in the morning to take my son on a walk for 3 miles but I can't seem to get up and actually do that... I think I just need a good verbal butt kicking about doing more then I am doing now.
I want to hear it from both success stories and success stories in the making like myself (:

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Most days I walk for a half hour during my lunch then in the evening will workour for an additional 50-55 minutes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    As of late:

45 minutes lifting

30 minutes cardio

Split up in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shierrarobin
    shierrarobin Posts: 181
    Options
    I have a customized workout that I do throughout the week. I start with a Boot Camp training video which is 30 minutes of intense cardio and strength training. Then I do the last 15 minutes of a Pilates video which is a mix between yoga and light curve training. So I do roughly 3 hours of workouts a week spread out over 3-4 days. It's worked for me so far. I've lost 24 lbs in 2 and a half months.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I lift my routine is normally 15-20 min then I bike or run 15-20 min in the evening.I lift every other day.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - split routine for lifitng - 45-50 minutes tops and that's it. Works for me.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    30 min on the LOW end 3 hours on the high
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I lift for 45-55 mins. M-W-F and run/jog/intervals on T-Th-S for about 25-30 minutes.
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    usually at least 90 minutes a day during the week (45min cardio in the AM, another 60 in the PM or weights) and , weekends as much as 5. all depends on time and energy. Yesterday was 2 hour hike, 1 hr dryland training, 2 hours trampoline training.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Different different days. When only lifting about half an hour, but intense and then usually running or crossfit (takes about 30-45 minutes) that day too. Sometimes lifting/circuit but then for an hour and crossfit. So two workouts most days and total time about 60-120 minutes.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Depending on the day, whether it be lifting and which/or body part: 45(low end)-70(high end).
    Cardio, either as a cool-down, or a separate part of the split/day: 12(average cooldown)-35(separate spinning).

When combined with a weight session, and a cool-down, together averages about 70-80ish minutes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Weights - about 45 minutes, 3x/week

Cardio - 30-45 minutes, 2-3x/week (on non-lifting days)
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    lifting 6 days per week. 60-75 minutes per day. run/jog intervals for 30 minutes on sundays. i also play racquetball for 1-1.5 hours about 3 times per week.
  • klyssamoore
    klyssamoore Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Monday/Wednesday/Friday - I do C25K (roughly 30 minutes)
    Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday - I do a workout video (doing Hip Hop Abs right now) for 30-45 minutes and lift weights for 15