Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What weight made you happy (in your past)?

Replies

• MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Before I gained weight, I would be between 107-115 lbs (summer/winter weight). I'm 5'3".
    Now, I would be happy to reach 150 lbs. So I got a ways to go to reach that goal.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Well for me i dont know haha!! I am 27 and the smallest I have ever been as an adult is a size 12 and 175lbs...I have dropped 69 lbs my highest weight was 268lbs Aug 20th of 2011 at my lowest on my MF plan I got down to 177lbs and a size 9...around April 1st this year...I liked that size but I wanted to get down smaller and to my goal weight of 150lbs I am 5'7.5 So now doing my best to get back on the wagon and drop down to 177 again and then to my ultimate goal of 150:)
  • 135- 140 at 5'7
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    148 was a good weight for me. Even though I was still self conscious (always have been), I was far more confident at that weight than I am now (202)... Can't wait to get back down to that weight again. Heck, I can't wait to get out of the 200's.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    125lbs which I was at the start of the year. I was happy and healthy and then when I got sick I started gaining it all back and then just got in to the over eating habit again =/
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    i have always thought i was fat.. even at 120 pounds .. (im 5'5")..
    i have to say i was pretty pleased last summer at 143.
    knee surgery put me back a bit.. im now 155
    hopeint to get to 130.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    I am perfectly happy at a fit 138-140! I am 5'7" and do not plan to go lower...I've been 132 before, and it was too thin.
  • I was 128 pounds, once. It was great, I could shop in regular stores and stuff, but I still felt flabby! I realize now it was because I was doing pretty much all cardio... this time around I'm going to add in some weights. I might end up weighing more than 128, but looking and feeling better than then! I hope so, anyway!
  • jenyanta
    jenyanta Posts: 6
    In college I was working 4 jobs and going to class fulltime. Kind of forgot to eat...got down to 117 (5'6"). It was awesome to be that thin--until I started passing out in class! You do that once or twice and you start paying a little better attention to what you are doing and bringing granola bars with you! LOL!!

20 years later my weight is pretty stable around 135, although I like to be closer to 133 than the 138 I am right now. 130 would be a dream for me, but I just can't seem to make the food adjustments to get there. So now I am focusing on building more muscle and getting body fat closer to 20%. (currently at 23%) again....food adjustments! aaarrrgggg!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 726 Member
    My happy weight was 130lbs.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Great question!

I've never really been happy with my weight, BUT at 5'11 and weighing about 155-160, I'm starting to feel pretty good. Hoping to hit 145-150 :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Honestly I've never been happy.

In retrospect, though, and looking at old pictures, I should have been happy at 180.
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm 5'2" and was happy when I was 120.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    When I was 130 lbs I felt pretty good. I'm only 5 feet tall. Family Y told me that my ideal weight should be 112 lbs but I got that skinny in 1998 and people thought I was sick. I don't agree with what the Y told me. I'm short but I should not weight less than 125 otherwise I look ill.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    None. I have never been happy with my weight. Even when I was so skinny I looked like I had AIDS or was auditioning for a Michael Stipe lookalike contest I thought I had a fat belly. I didnt, I look at pictures now of what I was like and think I looked very ill. But I played football 3 times a week, walked everywhere and was very fit.

I don't want to be that thin again but I know now that when I get down to about 15 stone I will be much happier. I already am happier and feel 100 times better than I did 3 months ago when I was almost 4 stone heavier.

Once I get to 15 stone I will re assess. If I look ok and feel ok I will maintain. If I look like I could lose some more I will lose another stone or so and be on the edge of my BMI healthy weight range.
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
    180. I want to get down to 165/170. heck even 180 I'd be happy. We'll see when I get there :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    When I was 19 I had my "favorite" body - my favorite version of me. I weighed about what I do now but I was just leaner, more muscle. I have a few pictures of me taken in a bikini on vacation and I keep them on my desktop for motivation.
  • Then, I was never happy with my weight. But now, when I look back at pictures I always wonder why the hell I thought I was fat when I clearly wasn't. It's sad, I've always had a negative image of myself...I wonder if I'll ever be happy with my weight? Eh.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 775 Member
    tbh I was happy at 190 but I am aiming for 150/160
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm happiest between 135-140 (I'm 5'7")...when I was going thru my divorce I lost weight I didn't need to lose because of the stress and was very weak and sick all the time. I'm 136lbs now and aim to stay here if not gain a couple pounds of muscle when I start P90X in a couple of weeks. I feel strong and healthy right now :)

You are my height and weight twin! :flowerforyou: I've been at maintenance for a year now, but I've been thinking I could tone it up a bit myself.