Heart Rate Monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• dabomb5198
    dabomb5198 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm on my second Polar FT-7. The first one lasted over a year and I really like them. They give the essential information I want and are reasonably priced.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yeah FT4 is perfectly good bit of kit.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I had a groupon for a $10 HRM and it was a bowflex EZ PRO. When it came I realized that you have to put our fingers to check your HR, so it's not constant. I was very sad :( But what did I expect for a $10 purchase. I guess it's an ok watch. I have the NIKE fuel band which was $150, but I really don't think the calories on that are accurate, so I have an even more expensive watch, although the nike fuel points are good to make sure you're keeping active. Alas, I am also looking for a good, not too expensive HRM, and preferably one I don't need to strap to my chest. What's the cheapest that a good one will run for?
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it. You can't feel the cheststrap when wearing it and it's pretty easy to use. I found that I usually burn more than the machines tell me I do and less than what MFP says.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I have several and I like the Timex Global Trainer w GPS the best, with my Garmin GPS a close 2nd. The Timex sells for about 150 on Amazon, has all the features mentioned above with HR zones and alerts etc, you can program in different activities at different intensity levels o it generally gives the best burn info, HR alerts and training zones (up to four) can be set as well. Works very well for water aerobics which is a big plus for me over the Garmin which cost twice as much. BTW I haven't heard much bad feedback on the polars though either.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Polar!
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I have a OneBody HRM that I got for £20 from Tesco. For a relatively cheap HRM, it does a really brilliant job of tracking heart rate and calorie burn. You can program it with all your information, set workout zones and it also estimated fat burn as well. It comes with a chest strap for accuracy and really, I love it simply because of the value. Polar HRMs are over double the price and when I have tried them, they do pretty much the same job.

Bump
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40 ... love it! Gives me fat burn versus fitness burn, target zones, etc. I seriously wanted something without a chest strap, but they're far more accurate and I've gotten used to wearing it, so stick with it if it's weird/uncomfortable at first.