No pounds shed YET, but personal goal accomplished!

Options
This may not be a big accomplishment to anyone else but.. I've always been a treadmill person, I never wanted to try the stair master or the bike, and forget the elliptical! But today for the first time I did my second day of 30 minute cardio *gasps* ON THE ELLIPTICAL! :smile:

the past couple days have taught me that you just have to get in there and try something new to make things work.

anyone else accomplish a personal goal today?

Replies

• MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker:

Well, I made it through an abs workout today. I'm a cardio fanatic. I'm trying to build a little bit of muscle. We'll see. Right now, it just feels like I'm going through the motions.

And, I applied for college today... I know that's not weight related, but that's a big step for me (since I'm 29 and I'll prob be the oldest there). Haha.

Anyways.... good job on the mixing it up thing, feels good to accomplish goals set huh? ;)
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    Congrats!! :drinker:

Well, I made it through an abs workout today. I'm a cardio fanatic. I'm trying to build a little bit of muscle. We'll see. Right now, it just feels like I'm going through the motions.

And, I applied for college today... I know that's not weight related, but that's a big step for me (since I'm 29 and I'll prob be the oldest there). Haha.

Anyways.... good job on the mixing it up thing, feels good to accomplish goals set huh? ;)

No way you're the oldest there- when I was in college we had a 60-something year old in one of my classes, and there were plenty of moms who decided to wait until their children were moved out to go back to college! My aunt is 40-something and is still taking classes here and there- it's great to be a student for life, not just to get a degree and move on. I love to learn, if I could go back to college at the moment, I would.

On the main topic, congrats for trying something new! Ellipticals are hard- I've been sticking to my exercise bike lately, just because it was given to me for free and works decent for working up a sweat (and I'm in Wisconsin and it's cold outside, so I don't feel like jogging in the bitter cold, otherwise that would be my cardio of choice). When I feel like switching it up I go to my library and rent workout dvds- Tae Bo is really challenging for me!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to get an elliptical. I was looking at threadmills, and I got thinking...ellipticals look like they'd be a little more entertaining to use.

I got through day 3 without sweets today. :)
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I didnt eat carbs after 4:30 !! My new goal to not eat them later in the day, My trainer AND Erinn Egbert from the biggest loser told me not to eat them at night. So I am going to try. I feel like I have to do something different every few weeks or my body slows down in weigh loss. I am so DARN close to my goal, I refuse to sit still and just LET it happen, I am going to work my butt off making it happen!!
    yeah for all of us!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to get an elliptical. I was looking at threadmills, and I got thinking...ellipticals look like they'd be a little more entertaining to use.

I got through day 3 without sweets today. :)
    I have an elliptical, and I love it. Much more demanding on your muscles - let's face it, walking on a treadmill is walking (on a treadmill). But the elliptical is much nicer to your joints. You never pick your feet up, so you never put them down, so no impact.

Get one get one,,, Check Craigslist every day. Hit yard sales & flea markets.

Good job on the sweets. I nibble, but I know better.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Jenbabe: Thx for the words of encouragement on the college thing. I did some more stuff to move along the process today. ;)

Everyone-- way to go on the goals! (Uggh, I need to finish my workout from this morning still-- I'll survive though)
  • amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I used to have a $2,500 precor elliptical which is the ONLY elliptical I will use but I lost it when BUSH was president! :(

BUT, it's like the best work out ever! Lots of calories burned!!!!
  • plumppeach28
    Options
    If you love the elliptical ... you should try the treadclimber.. I did NOT like my trainer for putting me on that one!! It was HORRIBLE the first dozen times.. but now.. thats my goal for the day is to beat the treadclimber lol. I started adding 5 minutes and 10 minutes and it's twice the work out of a treadmill and it's like hiking.. I LOVE it!! (Elliptical use to be my favorite!)
  • rdavis123
    Options
    Congrats on the switch up! one thing that may motivate you a bit more is that you can burn more calories on the elliptical than on the treadmill in 30 minutes as well.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That's great!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: You must feel so good! You will be come addicted before long. :wink:

I used to be intimidated by the elliptical as well. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe because I'm a bit of a clutz! :laugh:

But, it does give you a great workout and is easy on the body.
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    I didnt eat carbs after 4:30 !! My new goal to not eat them later in the day, My trainer AND Erinn Egbert from the biggest loser told me not to eat them at night. So I am going to try. I feel like I have to do something different every few weeks or my body slows down in weigh loss. I am so DARN close to my goal, I refuse to sit still and just LET it happen, I am going to work my butt off making it happen!!
    yeah for all of us!

that is such a hard thing to do! you go girl

MadWorld - You are never too old to further your education! Congrats and best of luck because it sucks at times haha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!