Where should we honeymoon??

Options
willot0722
willot0722 Posts: 51 Member
I am getting married in December and my fiance and I have been budgeting and saving for our wedding and honeymoon. I'd like to hear some suggestions.. do you have a favorite vacation spot?

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are thinking about going down to the Keys for our honeymoon next year.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went camping in the woods for a week! It was so relaxing, no electronics, no nothing. Just us. It was so refreshing going to the lake whenever we wanted.
  • barbielovesgym
    Options
    Cayman Islands or Cabo
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to Ohau, HI
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Go for a Safari to Kenya...it's as life changing for the good as is marriage :-)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Disney World :) Wouldn't have chosen any other place!!!! Total Mouse Head Here! And got my hubby into Disney now too!!!
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    We are taking a cruise to the Bahamas. All inclusive, IMO, is the best way to go because then you don't have to worry about anything while you are there.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love Cabo. Used to go every year. If you have the funds for it, Costa Rica is amazing. You can get away from the touristy areas and see real nature at it's best. Volcanos, rain forests, monkeys in the trees... Truly amazing.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Attu island.
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    My husband and I went to Daytona Beach, but our new favorite place is Panama City Beach. Beautiful beaches, lots of fun things to do. Lots of wonderful restaurants for all budgets and all the fish and seafood you could possilby want to eat (and it's good for you). Congrats and happy honeymooning !!!!!!!
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in December too! My fiancé and I are going to go on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean islands. Cruises are usually cheap because all inclusive. Another nice thing is you don't need to worry about all the details like finding a place to stay, transportation, or were you are going to dine! Also, cruises are fun! :)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    We've been to many of the Caribbean islands and even Barbados, but I have to say that our trip to Maui last year was the best vacation ever. It is so beautiful there!!! I've not been to the other Hawaiian islands, but Kauai is on my list as well. I don't think you can go wrong with Hawaii, honestly.
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    We went to Victoria Island! Beautiful!
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what your tastes and budget are. Not all honeymooners want the sun and sand. My husband and I went to Kenya for a safari and to the Seychelles but then we were living in the Middle East at the time and money was no object. I would suggest a cruise where you can put in at several different places and see so much that way. My favorite place is Europe as opposed to the sun and sand. Rome, The Mediterranean, Italy, Cyprus, have some wonderful, scenic spots. Also depends on when you get married of course. We loved our cruise this year to the Caribbean and the service was excellent. we felt well looked after and got lots of sun and great food and wonderful cabin. Congrats to both of you.
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Aruba been going there for 20 years, safe, friendly, awesome restaurants and beautiful beaches.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    St Lucia!! Lots of options there that are all inclusive, and if you want to avoid the high costs of a Sandals resort, you have some amazing choices!! (for one- Almond Morgan's Bay is fabulous!)

You can get some great rates if you checkout sites like bookit.com or cheapcaribbean.com.

Also, have you considered a cruise? Depending on how many days you are taking off for the honeymoon, you could do 2 back to back cruises on the same ship with different itineraries, like east and west caribbean.

Another option- Italy! not a bad time to visit! We did 5 days in Rome and then a eastern Med. cruise on RCCL.

Southern Spain would be awesome too- Marbella!

Hawaii- depending on your vacationing style, you have your picks from the islands- they're all so different! I'm a Maui girl myself, a little bit of city in a small corner of the island, rain forest on another side, Iao Valley to the north, and of course, Haleakala to explore.

South Florida- forget Miami (unless you guys want to club on your honeymoon), go to Marco Island!!! It's absolutely amazing.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    We went to Niagara falls, hubby had never been

I would have loved to travel thru Europe though if we had the time and money
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    this thread is writing my bucket list for me!!!
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Australia...it would be their summer. Really pretty and do some adventure stuff.
  • jvpease
    jvpease Posts: 11
    Options
    If you can afford it, go to Paris, France. You can find smaller affordable boutique hotels by doing some research...and the food and romantic aspect of it is amazing. Bonne chance !