5'9 girls

Options
hey ladies!!
just wondering what other 5'9 ladies have for their goal weight & clothing size? I know we all have different body types, and everything. I'm just curious what other girlies my height are working toward? Xx :heart:

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150. I don't have a goal size necessarily. The last time I weighed 150 though, I was a size 8 (wide hips!).
  • Blobblue
    Blobblue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 145. I haven't weighed that much since.. ah freshmen year of high school! I was a size 6-8, and I would really like to look at myself in the mirror and go, Man, I did it. Take that world! Haha
    Right now I'm 194 with a size 10-12 pant size. :>
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Actually 5'9.7, but at my goal of 126Ibs.
    And clothing size uk 6-8. (usa 2 usually)
  • kp31275
    kp31275 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my goal is 150lb. I don't really have a goal size. Right now I am 156lb and wear a size 11 :)
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My goal is 155 lbs
  • shannonmaria
    shannonmaria Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a larger bone structure so I'm aiming for 160-165. Not sure about the clothing size though.........
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'9.25" and 5'10" with a medium-to-large frame, and my goal is somewhere between 150 and 160 lbs.

Edit: My goal is to be a size medium (so either an 8 or a 10, depending on the brand). I'm top heavy so that might not work out for my shirt size.
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    hi! I'm just above 5'9" and my goal weight is 140, size 2/4. What I really want is a 26" waist (mine is 27.5" right now)
  • emuhawk
    emuhawk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5", and my original goal was155, but after getting there I decided I wasn't completely happy so I'm moving down 5 pounds at a time now (current weight around 151). I'm thinking 145 may be where I stop. Right now I wear size 8-10 in pants and 6-8 in shirts/dresses (yes, I'm a pear). I also have a frame size that's right on the border between medium and large, for what it's worth.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    This is interesting because my number is different than the replies I have read so far. I'm going for 170 where I'm a size 10/12. I have a larger frame, yes, but I'll have to see how I feel once I get there. If I function best at that weight, then fine. If I can do better at a lower weight then that's fine too and I'll work towards that goal.
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my goal range is between 130 - 135lbs.
    That puts me in a size 8 (australian) which is a size 4 US.

I am currently 144lbs and in a size 10 (US size 6).

I am a pear shape though with larger hips (and therefore thighs and *kitten* too!) all depends really on your shape!
  • vivalawvegas
    vivalawvegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'9.5

Current weight 166/23% body fat
    Goal weight 155/20% body fat

I'm currently in a size 8 but they are getting loose. I expect to be in a 6 by the time I reach goal.
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I currently weight 72.1kg/159lbs and am 5'9". I'm Australian but recently traveled in the US so I've got the sizing down pat between both ;) Currently I'm a Size 10 in Oz (Size 6 US) top and bottom. I have a large frame so not sure whether more weight loss will = loss of sizes. For example, 23 pounds ago I was an Australian size 13 in jeans (regular length) and now a 10 (long). Not sure if the jeans will be long enough if I get down to a size 8!

I've lost 23 pounds and my goal weight was 155 but I think I'll keep going a little lower (I'll decide when I get there). I'm planning to get a BodPod assessment next month and see where I'm at body fat % wise. Bought new Fitbit Aria scales while in the US and they suggest I'm 34% body fat??!! which seems way too high.
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! So interesting. I'm 5'9, medium frame (according to the "wrist test"), and my current weight is 158 lbs. I'm shooting for a firm, healthy 150. Right now I'm a size 9, btw.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 - and would like to be around the 160 mark...

Any less I look unwell and I like to be strong....this puts me into an Oz Size 10
  • EnterFitness
    Options
    I am 5'10 (does this count) and my wrist test tells me I am small framed. At 154 I wore a size 4, 6, and 8 jeans/slacks. Pants are tricky because of cut, vanity sizes and fabrics.

At 154 I was extremely skinny and at the time, quite frankly, very sick -- too much drink and too little food in those days.

Currently my goal weight is much,much higher than 154 (because I am currently over 200-lbs) and I'll be happy to get down to 180 where I don't look too bad at all.

I'm NOT curvy, no hips or chest to speak of so carrying more weight can be deceiving to others - meaning I look smaller than I weigh.

Right now I just carry "all of my weight" in my gut!
  • EnterFitness
    Options
    I am 5'10 - and would like to be around the 160 mark...

Any less I look unwell and I like to be strong....this puts me into an Oz Size 10

Exactly!! When I was 154 my Doctor wanted to see me, specifically for some reason at exactly 162-lbs. I wasn't sure about those two added lbs. LOL.
  • bsundgren
    bsundgren Posts: 11
    Options
    This is interesting because my number is different than the replies I have read so far. I'm going for 170 where I'm a size 10/12. I have a larger frame, yes, but I'll have to see how I feel once I get there. If I function best at that weight, then fine. If I can do better at a lower weight then that's fine too and I'll work towards that goal.
    Ditto. My goal weight is about 168, which would (theoretically) put me around a size 10-12, depending on brand/fit. The last time I weighed less than that was probably when I was in middle school or early high school, honestly.
  • WhatitisLiz
    WhatitisLiz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of the weight goals on this post seem so low for 5'9", especially the one for 126 lbs. I don't want to "quote" anyone because I am not trying to offend, I just had to put my 2 cents in on that one. I am 5' 9" and couldn't imagine being smaller than a size 10, it just doesn't seem natural for my body type. So that is my goal, size 10 and I am willing to get my weight down to whatever I have to to get into a size 10. I doubt it will be less than 170 though.
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal is 150 in my younger days I was 145 and a size 9. In my early 20s I was really light at 130-135 but I am small boned small wrists and ankles but large butt and upper thighs (frustrating!) I find (here in Canada anyway and for my build) that I have to be quite light just to fit clothes in regular store all the time! at 170 I can't always fit into everything.