What's the NICEST thing anyone has ever said about your weig

Options
LokiFae
LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
Okay, so GTO's post made me really sad and angry at the mean people in the world, so let's celebrate the nice people in the world too that make all the hard work worth it. (No offense, GTO :smile: )

I saw my mom for the first time last weekend since starting MFP, and she commented on how nice I look and said she was proud of me. And of course my husband says nice things all the time. How about everyone else?

Replies

• LokiFae
    Options
    Okay, so GTO's post made me really sad and angry at the mean people in the world, so let's celebrate the nice people in the world too that make all the hard work worth it. (No offense, GTO :smile: )

I saw my mom for the first time last weekend since starting MFP, and she commented on how nice I look and said she was proud of me. And of course my husband says nice things all the time. How about everyone else?
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I had a 21 yr old ask me out....Nice but then I had to laugh because I was old enough to be his mom....
    And I got an email form another MFPer who told me I looked great and couldn't believe I was 39. So yes there are nice people out there!!! Thanks for the smiles! :bigsmile:

I have a hard time with compliments....all to do with my up-brining....paretns etc...

zen....:devil:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    funny this one is harder than remembering the bad.... i think we tend to dwell on the bad stuff and not thourally take in the good!!!!!

but....
    i often hear that i have beautiful hair....
    my neighbor said holy crap you really have taken off some of that weight.....
    and my good friends husband yelled across the street the other day after i modeled my new size 16 jeans, show us your titties?!?! I'll take that as a compliment too :laugh:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is funny how not too many thingys come to mind....

Hello was one.... no I'm kidding

I kind of got one last night out of nowhere from my fiance, she says stuff sometimes but usually only when I comment on how I look and don't like it.

But last night she said she was going through some drawers and ran acrossed the trip I flew us up to Seattle and we went on a 9 day Alaskian cruise.. She said theres one picture that was driving her wild with her behind me hugging me from behind and my hazel blue eyes very noticable. In her words ( Ill try not to gross anyone out ) " You look so hot and sexy in that picture, but you look ten times better in person" I was a little awe struck I didn't know what to say. Just thought how I have about 15 pounds to be back at that weight, 30 to be where I want to be. I told her hopefully I'll look like an ethyopian when she comes out for a congical visit, errr I mean to visit me at my job site for the weekend!:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • helenex
    helenex Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been dieting for 10 months now and have been really successful - whilst my friends and colleagues have been complimentary, the best thing that has happened to me was last week when a woman I didn't know stopped me on the street and said that she used to get on the same bus as me (I walk to work now) and she wanted to tell me that I was looking fantastic.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    It was probably when my stepson said that I was losing weight...I gave him a great big hug...he got embarrassed:embarassed:
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Wow, I think that is the nicest thing.
  • LokiFae
    Options
    I've been dieting for 10 months now and have been really successful - whilst my friends and colleagues have been complimentary, the best thing that has happened to me was last week when a woman I didn't know stopped me on the street and said that she used to get on the same bus as me (I walk to work now) and she wanted to tell me that I was looking fantastic.

That's awesome!!! I think the best ones are the ones from strangers.
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Thats awesome!:drinker: I try to compliment my coworkers ( hehe ok I goof around too) But a buddy of mine was helping my change an engine on a aircraft the other day and he was above me disconnecting some lines. I told him " Dang are you working out because your butt is totally screaming spank me right now, and those arms, they are begging to spank back! " Ah yea, good laughs. I guess us guys have our inside jokes, no I'm not gay in any way either! I guess being overseas for long periods of times messes with a man and his moral sense of humor. I even invented a "bro" Its a man bra that way when I'm running I dont get punched in the face, actually it was more of a chafage issue on the vest but it was funny anyhow!
  • helenex
    helenex Posts: 2
    Options
    I know - I felt a bit odd, embarrassed even, when it happened but afterwards I had a lovely warm feeling inside.
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess my compliment was both good and bad. My principal (I'm a Kindergarten teacher) came to me and said "wow, I found a picture of you from the beginning of the year! It's amazing how much weight you've lost...especially in your face!" I was happy till I really thought about it. Is she saying my face was fat? Or that my face is the most noticable place I've lost weight...cuz I really want it to be from my rear end!!!!! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    When my hubby says, "dang, I got a hottie for a wife!" :heart:

Don't you forget it, mister!! :devil:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    My father said I looked thinner.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but my father is A) almost legally blind, and for him to notice means I have changed a LOT. AND B) old school, where you don't really compliment people, and you give your kids "constructive" critisizm at every opportunity. :tongue:

I lost my footing for a sec when he said that.
  • bexstar007
    bexstar007 Posts: 9
    Options
    When I lost a lot of weight 2 years ago and we were out for a bit of a school reunion and won of my old male pals cam up to my boyfriend and said 'don't take this the wrong way but she looks as hot as she did when we were 18 - if not hotter, you are a lucky man to keep hold of her for so long' that made me feel on top of the world! :bigsmile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My former librarian, stopped to talk with me while I was out walking in town this week and said "Karen you look great, how did you do it?" Usually I'm not great about compliments either but this one was easy because it gave me a chance to praise this site. Because I don't think I would have done it without this site. I spread the word wherever I can about MFP.
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Options
    One of the best things anyone has said, was when shopping for some new, smaller size clothes, the woman working in the store directed me to the misses size clothes, instead of the plus size. I wanted to hug her!! I hold up my new, smaller size pants and think, still, they look like someone elses, but they ARE mine! I love this feeling and wish I had done it sooner. Chris.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i like it when one askd if i have lost weight, it makes me feel good and that atleast someone noticed... i doesnt make all this feel like itisworth nothing,,
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I notice that there are fewer posts for the nicest thing said than there are for the rudest. I am having trouble coming up with something, myself.
    I think it would be when I saw an aunt and uncle I hadn't seen in a little while (I grew up around them) and when I walked up to them, my aunt turned to my dad and said "Who is that?" :laugh:
  • ramsam70
    ramsam70 Posts: 37
    Options
    I had a client tell me a story about one of her friends... as she was telling it she described her friend by saying... "she's thin, like you." I seriously think that made my day. I still dwell on it, because the scale is not where I want it to be, but it reminds me that others may still percieve me at a comfortable weight, so I can't act overwhelmed and be negative to myself, and some days that is hard!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My former librarian, stopped to talk with me while I was out walking in town this week and said "Karen you look great, how did you do it?" Usually I'm not great about compliments either but this one was easy because it gave me a chance to praise this site. Because I don't think I would have done it without this site. I spread the word wherever I can about MFP.

Karen! You bought your swimsuit and you look great!

The nicest thing they ever say to me is, "you look good for your age"...I wish they would just say, you look good but they always have to throw in, for your age!