What to Wear? Which fitness clothes are good?

Options
bwdcjk
bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
What are the best suggestions for what to where during workouts? Ok sounds silly but namely in the upper region...aka holding in the twins. lol Parts of the workout videos I do have light jogging (Leslie Sandstone Walk & Fit) or some jumping jacks (Debbie Siebers Slim in 6) and these are uncomfortable for me since I am a little top heavy. I do wear sport bras but I think I need new ones since I have lost weight and they don't fit as tight anymore. I used to skip these sections all together or I would actually hold the girls in place while I jogged. Good thing I work out alone most days...and in the dark...haha. I can do the light jogging now but the jumping jacks are still uncomfortable. I am going to start 30 Day Shred soon and everyone talks about the jumping jacks. I don't want to skip out on this part of the workout so what might help me secure the twins a little better? I've seen tops with built in support and I've seen basically sport bra tops that have more of a compression look and feel to them.

Replies

• aprus5542
    aprus5542 Posts: 81
    Options
    you can double up on the sports bras you already have instead of wasting money on more clothes :)
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Moving comfort sports bras are great! They carry all sizes.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    you can double up on the sports bras you already have instead of wasting money on more clothes :)

This

7063065.png
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There are some good bras by Moving Comfort that I have been told are really good for us busty women - though I am cheap so I wear a champion sports bra and then a workout tank with a built in bra and it helps alot but I dont wear it outside the house :) just cause the tank is really tight
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort sports bras are great! They carry all sizes.

THIS!

I tried on ALL KINDS at D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods (Under Armor, Champion, etc.) and hopped around in the dressing room for hours. The Moving Comfort Juno was the top pick for me:

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Juno/350025,default,pd.html

I recommend going to the store and bouncing around for yourself. :) I bought one to try and then ended up buying a bunch off of Amazon later for cheaper! :D

Good luck!

Edit: I did the double bra thing for awhile, but compared to this one bra that method paled in comparison. I brought my usual workout bras with me and compared the bounce one right after the other over and over (yeah... I'm anal retentive). The girls moved less by a SIGNIFICANT amount in the Moving Comfort bra compared to my old way. I am beyond happy with my purchase.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Ok now I'm happy I'm small chested and I work out at home lol
  • cstark21036
    Options
    The moving comfort line is fantastic for holding you in. You can find them online or you can head to your local running store to try on a few options. Also you should try to go down one band size to stay secure (that way when your sport bra stretches over time you can tighten the notches and get more bang for your buck). I usually wear a 34D in a bra, but purchase a 32D of the moving comfort line (they allow you to adjust the straps lengthwise in addition to the band notches that are similar to a normal bra). These sport bras are expensive but well worth the money. I used to double up but found this works far better and can even be worn without a shirt. Good luck and have fun with the jumping jacks!
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    for me.. personally.. i always wear two sports bras.. and capri tights for running.. the capri length running tights keep my thighs from rubbing.. and aren't too warm.
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 25 lbs! But I really think that means you need new bras. I recommend checking the workout wear section at TJ Max, Marshalls, etc. They have a huge selection of workout bras (sometimes only 1 of each kind), and I think this is good because some bras will end up chaffing. If you have all different kinds of bras, at least you won't get chaffed in the same place each time. That may sound dumb, but when I wear the same style bra every day for a while and it chafes, then I have a bigger problem because the rash isn't healing up. Anyway, the prices are pretty good at TJ Max, etc, which is good because after you lose another 20 lbs, you'll probably have to go bra shopping yet again! You should definitely try the bras on in the dressing room. I think every and any good sports bra has some smooshing involved; there's no other way to hold boobs still. They have a new kind that has that t-back/racerback but with a "keyhole" that has the traditional adjustable hooks & eyes at the band. I love these because the hook and eye means it's so much easier to get the bra on & off. Those regular sports bras without hooks & eyes are so freakin' hard to pull on because they roll up on themselves, and then I practically dislocate my shoulders trying to get the sweaty bra off afterwards.
    Also, I recommend hanging bras up to dry-dry and never putting them in the dryer. The stretch lasts a lot longer that way. But still, if you've lost 25 lbs, you've got to be a smaller bra size now.
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Whatever you end up getting, make sure its tight so that you don't bounce around too much. I actually strained a ligament by not wearing a supportive enough bra. I was in quite a bit of pain & discomfort until it healed itself.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a 46ddd to a 40d..... I have found that wearing a regular bra under a sports bra works perfectly for me! feels awesome when I run and everything!! :)
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think needing new bras is definitely my first issue (won't say problem since it came from losing 25 lbs :happy:) and then my second issue is to find a good brand. Lots of great suggestions. Thanks so much...I was a little embarrassed to post this issue but glad I did.