I Took a Wrong Turn and I Just Kept Going (With Pic)

Options

Replies

• findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job on your success! Your wife would be proud of your new healthy lifestyle....:smile:
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    First, I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. My 28 year old friend just had a double masectomy, my stepmother is battling breast cancer right now, and a good friiend of my daughter's mother just passed from breast cancer. It's not a selective disease and it's awful.
    Look for a Making Strides event in your area - I am on the EC for my local one and we are already raising money for our October walk. You can dedicate your entire team's proceeds in your wife's name.

Secondly, YOU look amazing and I know your wife is so proud of you! Way to keep up the great work!
  • jezlives
    jezlives Posts: 3
    Options
    this is awesome, congrats!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. Fantastic story, your wife would be proud, I'm sure. Keep going because you've done an amazing thing - gone from depressed to happy (me too) it isn't easy, but I applaud anyone who can do it.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Simply awesome! It feels so good to enjoy life again...I know...I've been there. I didn't lose anyone like you did, which is heart wrenching and I'm so sorry...I just lost myself. When you said some days you didn't open the curtains and that you had groceries delivered...I've done that too.. and it made me tear up remembering that feeling of hopelessness Your story is so inspiring...keep up the good work! And thanks for reminding me of how far I've come from that point. I still have a long way to go...but anything is possible now!! I would love to have you as a friend if you feel like sending a request!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This completely!!!

I was in that place too... And reading this post reminded me how far I've personally come. :)
    Simply awesome! It feels so good to enjoy life again...I know...I've been there. I didn't lose anyone like you did, which is heart wrenching and I'm so sorry...I just lost myself. When you said some days you didn't open the curtains and that you had groceries delivered...I've done that too.. and it made me tear up remembering that feeling of hopelessness Your story is so inspiring...keep up the good work! And thanks for reminding me of how far I've come from that point. I still have a long way to go...but anything is possible now!! I would love to have you as a friend if you feel like sending a request!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing...whoo hooo!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure your wife is smiling down upon you, and is VERY proud of what you have achieved so far.

Awesome job!
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!! That is fantastic!
  • Great job! You may have taken a wrong turn but you certainly fixed that :). For me, exercise has taken the place of "comfort" foods which really weren't that comforting at all.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow you are incredible! What an amazing change you have made in your life =) I'm so sorry about your loss.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement, it means a lot.
    Just a thought....since you have started the 5k's, have you considered starting a fundraiser 5k for cancer research? Would be so moving to know that you helped raise funds to work towards cancer research!
    That's what my plan is for the half marathon, I am going to do it and through sponsorship try to raise some money for one of the breast cancer charities and donate it in my wife's name.

I would totally donate to this!!!!

So sorry for your loss, but so glad you found a good friend to keep you going. Your story moved me to tears. CONGRATS on such an amazing job
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. I lost my mom to cancer a few years ago, and before she passed away she told us, "do not let your dad close the curtains and stop living life." I bet your wife would have felt the same way. I have a feeling she would be very proud of your accomplishments. Keep up the great work and the healthy living. You are an inspiration.:smile:
  • abcgsh
    abcgsh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and very sorry for the loss of your wife! You are inspiration to everyone :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You ROCK sir! I'm so proud of you. I'm so sorry about your beloved wife and friend and just know, she is/would be so very proud of you. You're a HUGE inspiration and thank you so much for posting--WOW- again, you so ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Your wife would be very, very proud of you.
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats of your first milestone. You look gr8 keep it up!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yah!!!!! Awesome!!
  • fitinwisconsin
    Options
    Congrats, you're a real inspiration! keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!