Help with Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Meat, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut flour, eggs. <--My normal sources of protein. Of course I'll pretty much eat anything as long as it's pretty clean. If your really picky you could use some last resorts like protein powders... But that wouldn't be good to substitute as your main sources of protein..
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Meat, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut flour, eggs. <--My normal sources of protein. Of course I'll pretty much eat anything as long as it's pretty clean. If your really picky you could use some last resorts like protein powders... But that wouldn't be good to substitute as your main sources of protein..

Why? Its extremely bioavailable, with good nutritional planning you can get the meat vitamins like iron and b12 from other sources. Admittedly, I supplement b12- and I eat all the yogurts and eggs and cheeses I can, but protein supplements help me get to the 130g I need on a calorie restriced vegetarian diet....
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on jerky. Yogurts good. Nuts of all kinds. Beans rock.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

Why? Its extremely bioavailable, with good nutritional planning you can get the meat vitamins like iron and b12 from other sources. Admittedly, I supplement b12- and I eat all the yogurts and eggs and cheeses I can, but protein supplements help me get to the 130g I need on a calorie restriced vegetarian diet....
    I meant that more of as an opinion just phrased it wrong. =/ I don't see anything wrong with supplements and I take them but I do think it better to get most nutrients from real food. I'm more talking about several shakes a day in place of whole food.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    The Naturally More Peanut Butter is awesome, tons of Protein
    Also Love almond butter :)
    Black beans..
  • fitmomto2
    fitmomto2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do realize I need to explore my options more and I am trying to do that! I've read several things on here that I'm going to try attempt to try. LOL The yogurt and cottage cheese, which are some good sources, are also going to be the hardest for me to try. Can I get some suggestions on yogurt flavors -- I don't really like fruit mixed in although I love fresh fruit. :smile: