This pattern gets OLD. I'll start on Monday :/

Options
I'm kinda sick of saying that I'll start being good on Monday and then bombing out by Friday. Anyone else do this week in and week out? I want it to stop...ugh LOL.

Replies

• loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've done that a million times. I guess its about mind set. I decied I am not going a certain day but the very next meal. If I have a bad day I don't use it as an excuse anymore. I figure its now or never.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You have to want to be fit and eat well on your own then you have to commit. No one can do this for you but you!
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    Lol I must have done that for at least 3 years. I must have started and stopped at least 150 times!

Thankfully I am past that. :)
  • amandamkarl
    amandamkarl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    get ride of all the junk food in the house, and eating out plan ahead what you are going to have and how much. Like I tell my husband before we get there what I am going to eat and how much. It really helps and I do give myself 200 extra calories on the weekend.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think it's part of this all or nothing kind of thinking. Next weekend, tell yourself no matter what, you'll make one healthy choice. That way you'll start gaining back a bit of control. It's when we try to do it perfectly that we end up giving up after the first "mistake".
  • Jenvan78
    Jenvan78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's not so much eating as it is drinking. I like to let loose on weekends and have drinks...THATS really hurting me. If I want this though, I gotta just STOP.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sick of saying that I'll start being good on Monday and then bombing out by Friday. Anyone else do this week in and week out? I want it to stop...ugh LOL.

Its better starting over on Monday time and time again then just giving up all together since you know what the results that leads too. Starting over at least gives yourself a chance.
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    Seems like I do this most weekends. Eat too much or bad on the weekend then do good all week. It's so much easier at work when I can't get to much junk food or I just bring enough to eat throughout the day. It's hard to do because I am not on MFP over the weekend really either. So much better to do than be on the computer.. But hey, I finally had a good weekend so maybe I can continue and not have to start again on Monday. It can be done..
  • mteamer
    mteamer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do the exact same thing and I'm tired of this pattern too. I started today hoping i can stick to it.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    It's not so much eating as it is drinking. I like to let loose on weekends and have drinks...THATS really hurting me. If I want this though, I gotta just STOP.

Are there alternatives to what you drink? If it is something you truly enjoy, it may be difficult to cut it out of your lifestyle completely, but perhaps in moderation or in doing "lite" beers or whatever you might be able to still enjoy yourself?
  • lexid614
    lexid614 Posts: 4
    Options
    You're right, that pattern gets old after it's repeated a million times. I now have my health/fitness under control, but I still do this with a bunch of other things I want to get accomplished. You mentioned the drinking is what does it. Are you opposed to staying home sometimes & not putting yourself in those situations? I know when I am out in a social situation, I drink, & drinking usually leads to eating more, less sleep, etc. Now I just don't go out much!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've done that a million times. I guess its about mind set. I decied I am not going a certain day but the very next meal. If I have a bad day I don't use it as an excuse anymore. I figure its now or never.
    I like this and this is what I do now. I don't get into the trap of well I already ruined it so I might as well pig out. Honestly, if we go over it's most often not enough to totally undo what we did unless we do it day in and day out. That's what I learned here logging my food. Best wishes.
  • ForRealAU
    ForRealAU Posts: 17
    Options
    Oh So many times.

I now catch myself and say 'nope I start the next bite' and that is it. I refuse to make Monday the start of anything! lol
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Start your 'diet' on a Thursday then. The weekend will come only 2 days into it so you will still have the willpower to do it. Then no one will be wanting to go out on monday or tuesday so the week will be easier to do. Then the following wed, start again on the thursday with the motivation that you had a great week and you can do it.
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Why wait until Monday. Once you decide to do better, start immediately! :)
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When you fall off a horse, you get right back on. When you fall off your diet, you get right back on. Saying, to hell with it, I'll get back right on Monday only compounds the damage. I've actually logged meals thinking I'd totally blown my day away only to discover I was only up by 500 calories - that can be recovered with exercise in a couple of days. Had I let the whole day go away and even a weekend, waiting for Monday, that 500 extra cals could have turned into 1500 extra cals or more, which is a lot more work to recover from. So, don't let one bad meal decision wipe away all your good ones. Just get back on the program.
  • laurenmdaley
    laurenmdaley Posts: 40 Member
    Options

This is my biggest issue too. I try to work out a little harder on the weekends to allow for more freedom...the problem is for me that beers inevitably lead to Doritos! I try to eat very healthy (trying to kick the dorito habit!) and low carbs on the weekends, that way you have more room for a few drinks.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It's all about commitment, you have to want to be fit more than you want to eat or drink things that derail you!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Not exactly, but the last couple of weeks have been party after party so my Saturday and Sundays are utter disasters...lol
  • Jenvan78
    Jenvan78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When you fall off a horse, you get right back on. When you fall off your diet, you get right back on. Saying, to hell with it, I'll get back right on Monday only compounds the damage. I've actually logged meals thinking I'd totally blown my day away only to discover I was only up by 500 calories - that can be recovered with exercise in a couple of days. Had I let the whole day go away and even a weekend, waiting for Monday, that 500 extra cals could have turned into 1500 extra cals or more, which is a lot more work to recover from. So, don't let one bad meal decision wipe away all your good ones. Just get back on the program.
    Very good point :)