How to seperate egg whites from the yolk

Options
2»

Replies

• Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im sorry.....is this really a thread on HOW TO SEPERATE AN EGG?

It probably took you more effort to create a post about it.....
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Some people really don't know. A lot of us have something in life that seems simple to others, but we haven't gotten the hang of yet, or are too scared to try without asking, for fear of screwing it up. Does it make you feel special to be a jerk about it?
  • jessickahhh
    Options
    There are egg whites you can buy alone. :) for next time.
    but what I do is I crack it in half, play with the yolk and I do this over the pan so the excess whites drip onto the pan.
    and then i toss the yolk :p
  • mikebradford1974
    mikebradford1974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    use your cupped fingers, its easy once you get used to it
  • beatingobesityforlife
    beatingobesityforlife Posts: 121 Member
    Options

it probably took you more effort to read this and come up wit a smart *kitten* response than to realize that people share acknowledge on this website and encourage other and be helpful to one another so that people like you ( who think all about themselves and don't care but get a joy out of hurting others just to make your self feel better) don't get the benefit of the doubt. and please for the sake of every one on this website don't respond due to the fact on one cares what you have to say anymore.
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    use your cupped fingers, its easy once you get used to it

Ok =) I will try it!
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    Why would anyone have eggs without the yolks!?

The egg nutrition discussion is riddled with disinformation in the U.S.

Egg yolks are the richest source of two superstar carotenoids—lutein and zeaxanthin. Not only are they bright yellow and cheerful looking, but yolks are loaded with fat-soluble antioxidant nutrients.

Besides providing all eight essential protein building amino acids, a large, whole, fresh egg offers about six to seven grams of protein and five grams of fat (with about 1.5 grams of it saturated), which comes in handy to help in the absorption of all the egg’s fat-soluble vitamins.

One egg contains the valuable vitamins A, K, E, D, B-complex and minerals iron, phosphorus, potassium and calcium.

Choline, another egg-nutrient, is a fatty substance found in every living cell and is a major component of our brain. Additionally, choline helps break up cholesterol deposits by preventing fat and cholesterol from sticking to the arteries.

If possible, buy real free range eggs from a local source.

Eat the yolks, folks! :wink:

I will see if my local store carrys the real free range eggs =) thanks so much!

FYI- Free Range only means that the chickens have "access" to the outside world. It could be one window, 10 feet high with a ladder, and they are still in the giant warehouses stacked on top of each other. They can be fed corn as well. "Organic" is tricky, people. Lawyers are smart, lol.

easier way for them to make more money lol I'll probably go to one of the local farms around here ;)
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    I am trying to cut back on sodium, and I thought egg yolks were high in sodium

According to NutritionData.com , one large egg yolk contains just 8 milligrams of sodium ([http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/113/2); are you sure you didn't accidentally mix up the cholesterol line and the sodium line when reading the nutritional info?

oohh my bad =/ I thought it was sodium. I prob did get it mixed up. Thanks for the link!
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    There are egg whites you can buy alone. :) for next time.
    but what I do is I crack it in half, play with the yolk and I do this over the pan so the excess whites drip onto the pan.
    and then i toss the yolk :p

lol its like a game! haha
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Legit question. A lot of recipes call for egg whites only.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    With a little practice you'll get the hang of it. Crack the shell and break it into 2 half then gently move the yolk from one two the other. Every morning I make an omelet with 1 whole egg and 2 whites. It gives me a full meal without all the calories or cholesterol.
    Also with practice you get good at flipping an omelet. (but that is another thread)
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    If you are doing this to cut back on sodium then eat the whole egg, and just eat cleaner. fresh veggies and fruits, lean meats, whole unprocessed grains. stop eating things that come out of a box or can and you will see you intake of sodium drop to under half of the "daily limit" that is suggested. no need to separate eggs if you do cleaner eating :)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I do this pretty much every day, passing the yolk back and forth between the cracked shells. I don't like egg yolk - it has nothing to do with the nutrional value for me. I eat 4-5 egg whites pretty much every morning. Non-stick skillets to NOT leg egg whites unless you cook them at a low temperature for about 12 minutes AFTER making sure to heat the skillet before putting the whites in. If I'm in a hurry, I do use a little wee bit of cooking spray.
  • lilah808
    lilah808 Posts: 60
    Options
    Egg yolks also contain arachidonic acid.

Good thing or bad thing??
    I'm going to guess good, even though it sounds like spider juice.

It's very bad, it leads to inflammation of tissue. But on the other hand, nothing is safe anymore. It's all concentration dependent. If you eat an egg or 2 a day no big deal, but if you eat like a dozen then you can have a problem.

The worst form is vegetable oils.

Arachidonic acid isn’t the boogeyman that it’s made out to be. It comprises a necessary component of cellular membrane structure and supports everything from dermal integrity to muscular growth and repair. It’s no accident that arachidonic acid is present in breast milk. AA plays a critical role in brain development, and a whole host of research comparing AA-supplemented formula with non-supplemented formula underscores this connection. Likewise, AA supports continuing role in neurological health as demonstrated in studies involving older adults. When it comes to arachidonic acid, the general principle holds: it’s all about overall balance and healthfulness.:flowerforyou: