To eat ALL of your calories or not?

Options
Hi-
I am just wondering how many of you eat ALL of your calories (allotted and earned by exercise) each day. If so, have you been successful?

Replies

• giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If I eat all my calories and I exercise and eat all those calories, I lose weight. However, the second I cheat :embarassed: , I gain weight.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I've lost plenty of weight eating mine back
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I tend to - and MFP encourages you to - this is under your nutritional goals on the settings tab :smile:

"*Net calories consumed = total calories consumed - exercise calories burned. So the more you exercise, the more you can eat!"
  • bettyboolou
    Options
    I'm new too this too so was wondering the same! giftieetceter - what do you mean by cheat?!
  • nichojanes
    nichojanes Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat all of my calories. I log what I eat and eat when I am hungry. I tend to find that it is not the calories I need to watch, more the sugar which I regularly go over.

I guess I just haven't found the right balance yet.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm generally within 100 calories of my goal, and I eat nearly all of my exercise calories. I've lost 18lbs in 2 months, which I'm happy with.
  • lounicholls1970
    lounicholls1970 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and maybe years of dieting...well trying to diet did'nt help but I don't lose weight if I eat my exercise calories!!
    Infuriating and totally frustrating but it is great to get on the scales and see the weight disappear but I road cycle every day around 100km a week and I only lose 2lbs! But I've lost 24lbs by doing this so it's okay. I guess it is showing me that if I put it all back on then it will take a looooong time to take off and I am never doing that again.
  • giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    By cheating, I mean if I go over my calories and exercise calories by even a little bit, I start to gain instead of lose!
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I always try to eat my calories or a smidgeon over. I'm not intensely dieting though.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to net slightly above my BMR. I try to hit it, though I'm under more than I'm at it or over.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm 304lbs now. I have dropped 46lbs in 10 weeks and i have never eaten my exercise calories back. It works for me.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I like to leave 100-200 leftover in case I didn't weigh out my meal to know the correct serving size or bad info in MFP DB. These are always exercise cals though.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Sure. Why not?
  • bieker
    bieker Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat all my calories, however I'm down 10 lbs from when I started ( I dieted before I joined this group) Do I need to cut my calories down now that I'm 10 lbs less? I am stuck between 138 and 140, I bounce up and down 1-1/2 lbs a day. What do I need to do to get over this hump? I am drinking 8 cups of water and exercise at least 30 5-7 times a week.