Who gets in exersise when working???

Options
13»

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I used to work warehouse. If my spine would take it, I'd go work it again right now, crap pay and all. That was some killer exercise.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    every time i feel antsy or like i need a little break i walk down to the first floor then take the stairs back up to the tenth floor. usually pretty outta breath at the top but i like doing it!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS found sneaky ways to get in my exercise on the job.
    Now, I am the boss, so I do what I want and nobody can say anything, or I'll fire them.
    As a worker, I had to be more cagey.
    I would do calisthenics all day about every hour. Push-Ups, Sit-ups, Pull-Ups, Knee Bends, Leg Curls, Single Leg Calf Raises and on and on....
    FULL BODY TRAINING - every day :drinker:
    And either before work or after, I'd play tennis, swim, jog or whatever.
    Works great.
    Good Luck!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I work at a desk but will take time to go check the mail room and even deliver some packages around the office if need be. I claim its a security issue to leave them laying in the mail room. :bigsmile:
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    When I'm the only one in the office (which is at least once a day) and I know no one is watching, I do planks, chair dips, push ups, squats and lunges. :bigsmile:
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My work is PART of my exercise also. My job involves moving around a lot as I am IT Site Support so I really try and make more of an effort to incorporate active days. Instead of emailing, I walk round to the user - every little helps :)
  • demningoreilly
    Options
    I walk for 30-40 mins. on my lunch hour. I have an hour so it passes the time. I have just enough time left over to clean up, eat and get back to my desk. I find it is a great stress reliever as my workplace is very stressful.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I walk on my two breaks everyday, and on lunch I jog for about 30 minutes 3x a week.
  • NanoBear
    NanoBear Posts: 67
    Options
    I work in a supermarket. I spend all day lifting and carrying stuff. Very active.
    If I feel like doing more resistance work I'll lift multiple crates at once. With the weight of our stock, I can do up to about 50kg (110pound) deadlifts and rows in the course of my job. The other option I use is 1 crate at a time, as quickly as possible. Gets the heart rate up nicely.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I have a (mostly) desk job, but I get up and walk around the building a couple times a day. My fitbit lets me know when I've been lazy, and need to get moving. I can log in 10000 steps at work if I get up and walk around a lot. My co-workers look at me like I'm crazy, walking around outside when It is 90+ degrees out!
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Thanks! I just did a quick 20 squats! Also, I try to do glute squeezes, Ab contractions, arm circles in each direction... if you are looking for ideas search"Office or cubical workout" for ideas.
  • sunnysweetpea
    sunnysweetpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wish we had a gym at work!! I sit for 8 hours at a computer and with only a 45 minute lunch break I can't get to the gym, exercise, shower and get back in time. I cycle to work but I'm not sure that counts as 'when working'.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use a standing desk and a mini stepper since I have my own office and work on a computer all day. I got a lot of funny inquiries initially but now everyone is used to it. I get in about 10,000 steps a day (probably 90 mins) , stepping during the nonthinking "preparation" work. The mini stepper also acts as a natural footrest for the non weightbearing foot when I am not stepping so that it is easy to stand up all day. I get about 250-300 exercise calories for this! Love it! It has greatly increased my concentration in the afternoon and also decreased my fatique at the end of the day.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have desk job at a university but I work out on my lunch breaks. We have an excellent facility with fitness classes so I'm all about it from water aerobics to Zumba to Heavy Bag Combat.

It's a great stress reliever and a pick-me-up to get through the rest of the day. And at $10/month membership, WHO WOULDN'T GO???

5499814.png
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i try to walk whenever I can. Technically I have a desk job but am privileged enough to be able to be mobile and still do 90% of my job.

I have a fibit and have set certain step/mile taken in a day. 10,000 step minimum. I try to get the majority of my daily minim while at work. (I work 3rd shift in a Level 1 Trauma Hospital Operating Room )

I put a step at my desk and do steps as I do desk work. I also try and sneak in some tri-cep dips on the filing cabinet, lifting reams paper I have been caught doing, stapler curls and there is always the ever troubling calf raises.

any activity is better then no activity.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    My walk time has reduced due this Texas Heat!! Now i'm down to walking on only one break because it's too hot to walk any other time of the day.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Lol, I work in a gym area at my Wellness Center, so for me ALL THE TIME.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    I think I know that place. Your office is down the 2nd hall to the right next to the diet coke machine....:devil: