How to get the scale to move again???

Options
Looking thru my profile and weigh-in's, I have been at the same weigh since MAY! How is that possible? I was working out whole month of June, lost nothing. Stopped working out and stopped counting cals, ate crap, but didn't gain. SO confusing...

Replies

• Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Any suggestions??????????
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Looking thru my profile and weigh-in's, I have been at the same weigh since MAY! How is that possible? I was working out whole month of June, lost nothing. Stopped working out and stopped counting cals, ate crap, but didn't gain. SO confusing...

IF you haven't lost weight in 2 months. Eat less food. What are your current stats?
  • Kris1997
    Options
    CW-177
    Sw-188
    Calorie goal for -1 a week is at 1430.
  • Sublog
    Options
    CW-177
    Sw-188
    Calorie goal for -1 a week is at 1430.

Do you own a food scale? Do you use it? Do you measure everything you eat in weight (down to the grams)? Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • Kris1997
    Options
    NO food scale. I was eating back my workout calories, when I was working out. Most of them if not all of them.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Stick to your calorie goal, work out every day, and don't eat back your work out calories. And stick with it.
  • Sublog
    Options
    NO food scale. I was eating back my workout calories, when I was working out. Most of them if not all of them.

Yeah, what is likely the problem is you're consuming more calories than you think by not accurately measuring your food intake.
  • Kris1997
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think when I start working out again, the trick will be to NOT eat back my calories. I need to invest in a HRM too.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    Go all protein ( I mean no veggies) for three days and double your water. It's gonna move.
  • Sublog
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think when I start working out again, the trick will be to NOT eat back my calories. I need to invest in a HRM too.

Diet is 80% of the battle with weight loss, not exercise. Although I do agree that not eating back your calories is a good thing as long as you account for your activity into your daily goal. I'd recommend 1500 per day every day for a few weeks to see how that treats you.

Learn how to diet properly 1st, then add in exercise and you'll have phenomenal results.
  • Kris1997
    Options
    Interesting idea. Something has got to work cause I am getting highly irritated with the whole thing! BTW my profile is open, anyone can look at my weigh-ins if they want.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Go all protein ( I mean no veggies) for three days and double your water. It's gonna move.

This I have never heard of, going to try this myself.
  • Kris1997
    Options
    This is why I'm aggravated.......

March 19th-188 (last year on June 14th I was weighed for my pre-op, 191 ! )

March 23- 184
    March 30- 184.2
    April 6- 185.2----gained here
    April 13- 184
    April 20- 181.5
    April 27- 181.4
    May 4- 180.2
    ( got to get under 180! )
    May 11- 179.2
    FINALLY UNDER 180!!!
    May 18- 178.8----kindly pissed about that!!
    May 25- 178.0--- time to change something, im getting behind
    June 1 177.4--- not where i need to be, but close! day 3 shred
    June 8- 176.0--- 11 inches total gone!
    June 15 177--- not happy but still losing inches.
    June 22- 177 been here all month....:(
    June 29--177.4
    July-6---178.2
    July 9---177.4
  • wyomingmama
    wyomingmama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back you calories!!!! I was sticking too! But this is really working for me! The calorie suggestion is that.. just a formula! Try and keep you sugar grams around 24! It hard but really revs your metabolism! I Did this and am seeing great results! Good Luck!
  • Kris1997
    Options
    Thanks!
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    so just eat protein and double my water like i consume usually 8 glasses so youre saying drink 16 for three days and just protein. any suggestions on the three days. Im having salmon tonight.
  • Kris1997
    Options
    Would lowering my Calories to 1200 and add exercise get the scale moving?