C25K Starts Tomorrow - July 9, 2012

Options
2»

Replies

• PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I heard about the c2k5 last week. Downloaded the app on Saturday. Plan on starting it today. Good timing! I'm gonna join the group right now and then go do my 1st training!
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Good luck to you all!

I did C25K two years ago and it changed my life. I am now training for a half marathon. Stick to it, it works if you have to repeat a day or weeks do it. Remember that stretching after wards is just as important as your run. If your shins start to hurt make ice in dixi cups they are great for icing down and messaging shins.

Good luck! Happy running!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

I have several raaces scheduled with a training plan hanging on my office wall. I've heard that one of the ways to stick to a goal is to be very vocal about it....

Here are my two goals....
    1) Complete the Nationwide Commit to Be Fit Half Marathon (October 21st) averaging under 14 minute miles with a finish time of three hours
    2) For the "Will Run for Chocolate" 15K, I'd like to average a pace of 13:45 minute miles and weigh in at 164 pounds.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first run as soon as I get in from work tonight! Would LOVE some support and motivation as I'm sure I'll feel like giving up at some point, and willing to give it too!
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    I tried to start the C25k couple of weeks ago. Got thru week1 and quit. I would like to join and start back the program too.

Hi! Now is the time!!! Join us.

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Just wanted to say Good luck to you all!

I did C25K two years ago and it changed my life. I am now training for a half marathon. Stick to it, it works if you have to repeat a day or weeks do it. Remember that stretching after wards is just as important as your run. If your shins start to hurt make ice in dixi cups they are great for icing down and messaging shins.

Good luck! Happy running!

Thank you!!! I am going to copy this post and put it in on our group website for motivation. Good luck on the half marathon!!

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I heard about the c2k5 last week. Downloaded the app on Saturday. Plan on starting it today. Good timing! I'm gonna join the group right now and then go do my 1st training!

Thanks for joining. Happy running!!!

J
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    I won't be joining as I am doing my own running program, but I want to say good luck to ALL of you and you ALL can do it if you put your heart and mind in to it. Good luck!!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I won't be joining as I am doing my own running program, but I want to say good luck to ALL of you and you ALL can do it if you put your heart and mind in to it. Good luck!!

Thank you. Good luck to you as well!!!

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I'm doing my first run as soon as I get in from work tonight! Would LOVE some support and motivation as I'm sure I'll feel like giving up at some point, and willing to give it too!

Sounds good!! Thanks for joining!!!

J
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Got thru the first training session today. It was very hard for me. Couldn't run for the whole time every time. I am SO out of shape! Plus it was HOT out! Glad to get a breather tomorrow. I will try again on Wednesday. I really want to do this! I want to participate in the 5k Color Run in Sept. running, not walking! Need to stay motivated...
  • Ang_from_Colorado
    Ang_from_Colorado Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I tried to do this on my own about a month back but quit :frown: I have always wanted to be a runner but I've noticed I get massive shin splints and I stop trying. I hope to joing the group and do this with you guys. Good Luck everyone!!!
  • agee1944
    agee1944 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    interested but need more info. what apps are available? thanks for the invite.
  • getrip1
    getrip1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have successfully completed the first 2 days and was very impressed with how well i did. We can do this!!