Starting Anew -- Are you? 18-24 READ!!

Options
Hi. My name is Courtney. Today after a rough beginning to my summer I am starting OVER. I have gained 12 pounds since graduation which was almost 2 months ago..yikes. I let myself go. I made a new profile today and I'm hoping to find some new faces for inspiration. I decided today I will be working hard with C25K and 30DS throughout the summer before college starts.

Please feel free to add me :) I am looking for younger friends around my age, but anyone age will do! I love seeing 50-70 year old men and woman on here being in the best shape of their life. It gives me hope for my future :)

I am 18 years old, 5'2 with a 27 pound weight loss goal. If we have similar goals in common, definitely add me! I'm looking forward to meeting new people. Thank you!

Replies

• franjoyce
    franjoyce Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Courtney!
    You seem to have a lot in common with me.. I actually gained 20 lbs since April, I switched jobs and I was using myfitnesspal every single day and managed to lose almost 15lbs, so I know it can be done, but then I got too busy and for lack of better words.. lazy.. and quit altogether. What made me come back is how unhappy I am this summer and how embarrassed I am to swim and even be able to wear shorts. I went to the mall yesterday to buy shorts and ended up in tears. Anywho, I just turned 21 and am 5'1 and trying to lose 20-30 lbs! I also made a new profile and am going to get on this. I have 30DS also!! Think we could help each other? :) I am confident this time that I need this change! lets do this!
  • nommonkeypie
    Options
    My goal's a bit higher (about 40 lbs) but I've been carrying around way too much weight for the last few years. University was bad for my weight. This is something I've been trying to do for years but never have been able to get properly motivated until recently. I have a feeling that having friends would help me reach my goal.

It'd be awesome to meet people on here my age. I'm 22 and the name's Tessa.

This is a sign of how new I am though. What are 30DS and C25K?
  • Fitinmytwenties
    Options
    I am in a similar situation, I have gained 15 pounds since I started my new job and I'm so mad at myself because I worked so hard to get it off for my wedding! I would like to lose about 30 pounds but I'm setting up smaller goals for myself.
  • psychojenn
    psychojenn Posts: 61
    Options
    Ive also gained about 15 pounds since ive started working and need to lose 30 pounds. im 5'2 and 22yrold. i thought this was interesting seeing that today i have also started (again) 30ds and c25k.
    i really need motivation to stick to my goals!
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    WOW Welcome to the club, right?
    I'm 19 and i've gained roughly 35 pounds since i graduated high school. I can make all the excuses in the world, but the fact is I got so caught up in life I forgot to take care of myself.

It's so cool to realize I'm not the only out of shape person my age and I hope we can help motivate each other!

seriosly...what's that 30DS nonsense?
    25846456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5 7in and I want to lose 30 lbs feel free to add me:)
  • shara85
    shara85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation as well. I have gained about 50lbs since college 4 years ago - ever since I started working at a deskjob. I'm currently 5'9" with a goal weight of 150lbs - we can do this!
    Feel free to add me - oh and anyone else that would like to add me, feel free as well! :)
  • kbabin2
    kbabin2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just started last week and I am very excited to kkeep losing weight with you all .
    Please add me as a friend (females only ;) thanks!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see you back on MFP, I know it's a tough thing to do at your age but I'm proud of ya for trying and know that you can do it :) just do little goals like in your profile and just know we're all on your side
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just started MFP again, and am in a similar situation! Positive, motavational people feel free to add me!!
  • Kelly_430
    Kelly_430 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Courtney,

My name is Kelly and I'm 19yrs old. I started this after my graduation last year! I'm 5'2 and 114 and looking to lose about 10lbs. I have been looking for people around my age as well and hopefully we can help each other to reach our goals :)
    Here's to a great new start and summer!
  • puffgrace
    puffgrace Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just turned 19 last month and I'm headed into my second year of college. During my first year I gained about 10 pounds and I'm really hoping to go back to the weight I was at before college. I would really love some friends on here that are closer to my age please feel free to add me :)
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Courtney,
    I'm Kaitlin and i'm 22 years old. I started x-ray school 2 years ago and gained 40 lbs. I "try" to lose weight and always give up when I don't see the numbers dropping fast enough....my goal is 50-60 lbs within the next year. I'd love to be friends!
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey

Im in the same boat. In high school I was put on medication for my RSD, and I gained 50 pounds in about 6 months. I worked really hard my senior year and lost the majority of it. When I got to Baylor I started putting weight back on with all of the late-night-ice-cream runs that happen in college lol. I am now 20 and in my 3rd/last year of my BA. Im looking to lose the 10 pounds Ive gained in college plus a little more. Add me if you would like to!! :)
  • uhmmyess
    uhmmyess Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kyra and I turned 20 in June. I am 5'2" with a 20lb weight loss goal. I'm looking for friends to motivate me and people I can help as well. :) I'm super nice so add me. I live near Green Bay, WI and I don't have friends on here yet. It's nice too see people around my age group and I see some girls who replied to this are short like me so I know how you feel. It's tough but finding friends to motivate you helps a lot!
  • kbabin2
    kbabin2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Need to get back on this program. I lost a good 12-15lb over the summer and now I'm ready to do it again! I need more "myfitnesspal" friends though; any suggestions on how to beef up the friends list?
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Macaroni!