Best Easy Workout Program to Start With?

Options
Hello lovelies!

I was wondering which exercise program is the best to start with... I tried Turbo Jam to start, but it was just too much to finish. I was tired and too winded to carry on just after the warm-up because I am horribly out of shape! I need something a little less strenuous that I can complete before moving on to the next difficulty. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Walk away the pounds
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Walk away the pounds

This or any of Leslie's programs. I like her newer 5 mile fat burning walk. It has 5 separate miles so you can do , 2, 3, 4 or all 5 depending on how much time/energy you have and the pace is brisk for all the miles. She also includes a 2 minute boost at the end of each mile, so you can keep walking or add a light jog.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Walking.
  • kpmom913
    kpmom913 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you could always try a stationery exercise bike, or believe it or not, jumping rope. You can control these....stop and start as you need....you can even buy a rope-less jump rope, it's called Jumpsnap. Makes it easier to jump since there is no rope to trip over and it has a calorie and jump counter, really kind of fun and you will sweat your rear off....
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I was the same way when I started out. So out of shape it took me 55 minutes to walk two miles! You might want to stick with Turbo Jam. Just keep doing what you can and every day you will be able to do a little more. When I first started P90X I could not get through the cardio workouts. I would push myself a little more every time. The first time I completed a whole 58 minute work out my face was blood red and sweat was dripping off me. But!! I felt like I had just won a battle and was on top of the world. Walking is also great to build up endurance. Good Luck!!!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you could always try a stationery exercise bike, or believe it or not, jumping rope. You can control these....stop and start as you need....you can even buy a rope-less jump rope, it's called Jumpsnap. Makes it easier to jump since there is no rope to trip over and it has a calorie and jump counter, really kind of fun and you will sweat your rear off....

The Jump Snap thing does sound pretty fun! I'll have to look into that! Thanks.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I was the same way when I started out. So out of shape it took me 55 minutes to walk two miles! You might want to stick with Turbo Jam. Just keep doing what you can and every day you will be able to do a little more. When I first started P90X I could not get through the cardio workouts. I would push myself a little more every time. The first time I completed a whole 58 minute work out my face was blood red and sweat was dripping off me. But!! I felt like I had just won a battle and was on top of the world. Walking is also great to build up endurance. Good Luck!!!

This is a good idea also. I do like Turbo Jam up until I can't do anything anymore. How different is P90X?
  • kimberly2504
    kimberly2504 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with Zumba on the Wii. It has a lot of different options for difficulty and time length, and it's fun so I'm more likely to actually do it, ha ha. Walking is also good, as you can control your speed and distance and see how you gain stamina.
  • teez52
    teez52 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    On top of this, I would suggest making sure to get your diet in check. I worked out for years and nothing happened because I didn't have my diet in check. If you get that all set up, you'll be able to lose weight like it's your job especially when combined with exercise! A few tips to remember:

1. Get a food scale and weigh everything you eat
    2. Don't forget to log drinks (anything but water)
    3. Don't forget to log condiments as those calories can add up
    4. If it helps, go buy some smaller plates, amazingly it helps with portion control

Overtime you'll start to be able to eyeball a normal portion size and won't have to weigh everything, but at the beginning not many of us actually know what a normal portion looks like.

Good luck!