Starting out...T-minus 70lbs

Options
So a good friend of mine said that I should try this site because there are lots of people that will help me get thru this.

My goal is to lose 70lbs. Sadly, I only have myself to blame for the weight gain. I'm 28 years old and not happy about how I look or feel. I've fought weight my whole life. Of course, High School was the easiest. From 18-22, I was between 115lbs and 120lbs. I looked good... :) That was 10 years ago, I know. I was very active in tennis and any extra activities that were outside I could do.

Now, I'm 28, work at a job where I'm in a cubical all day staring at a computer. When I get home, I know I should get my *kitten* up and take the dogs for a walk/run or go for a bike ride, get my tennis racket out...something!

Last night, I looked in the mirror and just cried. I've been making excuses for a long time and I know that. I feel bad for my husband of almost 5 years of what I've become, but in the end, I'm not happy and I want to do this for myself.

So, here I go. Goal of 70lbs. Will power, I NEED it now and I KNOW I can do it. Wish me luck!

Replies

• kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! Just believe in yourself. People here will certainly help keep you motivated!
  • stephie_renae
    stephie_renae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We can all do this together! You can add me as a friend!
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You're doing this journey for the right reasons. You can certainly friend me and we can support each others goals.
    :flowerforyou:
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    Best of luck to you in your journey! congrats on taking the first step to feel better about yourself and live a healthier life :)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Everyone (mostly everyone), here is very helpful and you should get all of the encouragement and help that you need! You can do it!
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend! I want to lose a decent chunk of weight myself, and well perhaps we can motivate one another! :D
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Attitude is half the battle. You GOT THIS! Add me if you would like.

Kimberly:flowerforyou:
  • goodmonster
    goodmonster Posts: 165
    Options
    Here's to similar feelings! Let's do this. =) Feel free to friend me!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome to MFP. You have come to the right place to begin this journey

Feel free to add me.
    I am on here daily, many times throughout the day, and will offer you all the support and motivation I can muster.
    Everyone on here is great...so supportive and motivational. Its the best place.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had 70 to lose initially, and am ALMOST half way to goal. It can be done, but understand, it is a journey worth travelling!

I am a cubicle/computer-tied office worker as well, and I have children your age. Older is even harder to get yourself motivated! I started small - every time after using the restroom, I rode the elevator down (to save wear and tear on the knees) and walked slowly back up. It accounts for 20-30 flights of stairs every day...easy peasy. Now and then (weather here is 100+ daily) I throw in a walk around a couple of office buildings on my morning break, and add the stairs back up to the office, for 1000 additional steps.

Do something today!

We believe you can do it too~
  • daisy2555
    daisy2555 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everybody. Feel free to include me in your lists of friends. We will hold each other accountable through thick and thin.
  • Labriska
    Labriska Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me we've got around the same amount to lose welcome to mfp you won't regret it
  • mpe1967
    mpe1967 Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I found that this site is very helpful and the people are really encouraging. We all help each other out when we need it the most.
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can do this! MFP is a great place to be, there are so many people who are battling the same issues we all are. The motivation pours out of this site! Use it & LOSE it!!! Good luck to you! I can't wait to watch you hit your goals!!!!! Let's be friends!
  • beavey9185
    Options
    you can do it. just have faith and stay strong. im looking for new friends to help me through my second shot at losing more weight. feel free to add me.