NSV Wedding Dress

I am getting married on July 6, 2013 and have gotten the wedding dress bug. I think I started shopping back in January, shortly before the engagement was official (I found my ring before he proposed). Anyway, I found a dress I really liked, but the floor model didn't fit. For those of you who have gone wedding dress shopping (or any formal dress shopping for that matter) know the most annoying thing to hear is, "It'll look better once it's in your size". Since wedding dresses are non-returnable and non-exchangeable I was really hesitant to put well over a grand down on something in hopes "it'll look better in my size". I knew I dropped some weight, so I figured I'd go back to the store and try it on just to gauge whether or not this dress was "the one".

To my delight I was able to get it zipped. This was a huge accomplishment since last time I went to try it on we had to just clip it to me since there was no way we could get the zipper anywhere near close enough to zip. I asked, "What size is this? A 14?" since I had started out at a street size 16, so a dress size 18. We looked at the label, and here it was a designer size 12! I don't need to order until September, so I'm hoping in the next two months I can drop enough to possibly order a 12 or 10 from the designer and just have it altered down if needed closer to the date.

Here is a photo, but I'm trusting none of you will show my fiance ;) And please excuse the disheveled look, I really do know how to take care of myself (I promise).

IMAG1294.jpg

Replies

• dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Great Job! It looks beautiful.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Great Job! It looks beautiful.

Thanks! I don't know where else to post this because so many people don't understand what it's like to work so hard and then say, "Is this even worth it? Am I really getting anywhere? I'll never get back to the size I was when I was 21, just give up". I see myself everyday in the mirror and never think I'm really getting anywhere. All I can do is stare at that photo and say, "I have a waist?! Where the heck did that come from?"
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,795 Member
    That is great. Looks very nice
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    You look awesome and your dress is GORGEOUS!

:) Congrats on your weight loss, best of luck to you in continuing your journey!
  • droogievesch
    You look awesome and your dress is GORGEOUS!

:) Congrats on your weight loss, best of luck to you in continuing your journey!

Thanks so much! I'm not even sure anymore how much I want to lose. I was so focused on losing weight to look good in my dress that seeing this makes me say, "You do look good now!" I think a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders as I don't feel like I'm on a time crunch anymore. As for the dress itself, it looks so much better in person! It's all lace and beads. Oh my gosh, I could go on for hours about my wedding details :)
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Looks great! I'm getting married in Nov 2013, so I have some time. I'm already panicking about losing the weight....Congrats!
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    You look much better in gowns than I do, but I'll get there! So far, I've been to one bridal salon, and did not see anything big enough for me to try on that fit my personality or the style of our wedding (June 22, 2012). Best wishes to you!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5168-summer-brides-and-bridesmaids
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    That is a gorgeous dress, and you look fanastic in it. Congrats. Wedding dress shopping is so stressful, so it is understandable having that weight lifted.
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Congratulations on the engagement and you look lovely in the dress!
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Gorgeous dress congratulations
  • cavegrl140
    cavegrl140 Posts: 19
    It is GORGEOUS on you. Of course I'm wickedly jealous because I want a freaking wedding so badly it's killing me. I wanna be a pretty pretty princess like you!
  • droogievesch
    Looks great! I'm getting married in Nov 2013, so I have some time. I'm already panicking about losing the weight....Congrats!

When we got engaged in January I thought to myself, "I need to lose weight, but not right now." I started a diet and fell off, started a new starvation diet, fell off, and got to the point where I said, "This is crap. I'm never going to lose the weight." and then one day something just clicked and said, "No, you WILL lose the weight. There is NO other option" and although certain times are harder than others, I really haven't looked back.
  • droogievesch
    You look much better in gowns than I do, but I'll get there! So far, I've been to one bridal salon, and did not see anything big enough for me to try on that fit my personality or the style of our wedding (June 22, 2012). Best wishes to you!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5168-summer-brides-and-bridesmaids

Thanks for the group! I joined. I found that when trying on dresses make sure you go to a place that's knowledgeable! I went to a chain store at first and the consultant didn't know anything about body types or gown styles. I had my heart set on a mermaid gown, but once I went to a bridal salon with well educated staff I was told that I should stick with A-line gowns because they'll really give me more of an hour glass shape. I called BS on them, but they were right. Definitely shop around and go to as many bridal salons as possible. Good luck, and I hope to hear more about your wedding planning in that group ;)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Congrats on the NSV!!!! He is going to love it, such a pretty dress! :happy:
  • amphora
    amphora Posts: 43 Member
    Your waist looks TINY! Lovely dress, not generic at all.
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Your waist looks TINY! Lovely dress, not generic at all.

^^ This! Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    You look great and that dress is drop-dead gorgeous.
  • Mexrose
    Mexrose Posts: 46
    You look so lovely and check out the curves!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Your dress is beautiful! There's nothing quite like being able to fit into the wedding dress you really, really want and looking awesome in it. Congratulations :)
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Very pretty! Is it a Casa Blanca?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!