The things I hate about working in an office building

Options

Replies

• Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    DO NOT clip your fingernails at work!!!! Grooming should be done at home thank you!!
    I had a neighbor's flying fingernail piece soar over a cubicle wall and land on my keyboard...GROSS!!!!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    love it! haha
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The frigid temps. it's summer not hell turn that ish down

It's 100 outside.
    But inside it's so cold I have a jacket over my legs(I'm wearing pants) a heavy sweater on.

^^This. But I'd rather it be cold than hot. There's only so much I'm willing to take off to keep cool (at least until I can feel comfortable in a bikini...then all bets are off!)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    What I hate the most about working in my building is that there are NO WINDOWS!!!

If it starts to snow, I wont have a clue. If its 70 degrees and sunny and birds are singing, I wont know.

It makes me sad.

Ditto. Shameful.
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people grab someone else's stuff off the printer then walk around asking everyone if it's theres. They know they printed something, they will come for it soon.

Oh we have that one here!! But oh lord, do NOT take his stuff off the printer, resort it in any way or put it in the tray next to the printer (even though he takes 100 years to pick up his stuff) or he goes mental!!
  • kc4173
    kc4173 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck listening to a speakerphone conversation right now!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people grab someone else's stuff off the printer then walk around asking everyone if it's theres. They know they printed something, they will come for it soon.

Yes. THIS. The best is when they 'guess' who it belongs to and are WRONG. Ugh.

The most irritating thing that ever happened in my current workplace: my coworker decided my Diet 7-Up two liter in the fridge was 'flat' and she dumped it out. Um, how did you know it was flat? Why did that matter to you (a person who wasn't drinking it)?
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you're sick, go home. I got the flu while I was pregnant because my co-worker didn't want to waste his leave time. I was out for a full week.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I'm actually running a heater at my desk right now because our office is so freezing cold. It's ridiculous!

One of my cousin's told me she has a little heater under her desk that she even runs in the summer. Most of us girls in my office have blankets on the back of our chairs year round. And those who do wear sleeveless shirts and skirts or shorts, pretty much always have a cardigan with them. One of the girls who sits near me was actually wearing a hoodie last week, and it was pushing 100 degrees outside. I blame my boss. His office is really hot so he keeps the temperature down and then we all freeze.

In my office, as I'm sure pretty much every other office/work place, we have people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. One last week came out of the bathroom, went in the kitchen and used his hand to scoop up some chex mix that was in a bowl, with plastic cups right next to it for digging in to it. Glad another co-worker saw him do it and he tossed the chex mix. We have plenty of food thiefs here. If it is out in the open in the fridge or in a see-through container, it is not safe. One of the supervisors had all but 1 tbsp of her scrambled eggs she brought in for the week eaten. It was a Tuesday, somebody ate all 4 days worth of scrambled eggs in her container and left her a tablespoon. We are getting closer and closer to having a camera installed in the kitchen because this happens so often.
  • sunshine29225
    sunshine29225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Every Monday like clock work and exec feels the need to cut his nails in his office.

Really?

Personal grooming should be done at home!
  • rickrusco
    rickrusco Posts: 1
    Options
    Fortunately for me, most of my co-workers are courteous.
    The thing I hate most is sitting, for hours at a time, in front of the computer.
    It is so unhealthy.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    co-worker who flat out refuses to buy gum.

Always asking for MY gum.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Every Monday like clock work and exec feels the need to cut his nails in his office.

Really?

Personal grooming should be done at home!

and all you hear is clip clip clip.
    Gum girl does that too.
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I work across from a guy who continually has personal conversations on his work phone....Never had a conversation with the guy since I've been here BUT, I can tell you all about his morgage, kids, parents, wife, how his yard is doing, what hes buying on craigslist, when he had a colonoscopy. I wish I was kidding.........
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

I'm actually running a heater at my desk right now because our office is so freezing cold. It's ridiculous!

One of my cousin's told me she has a little heater under her desk that she even runs in the summer. Most of us girls in my office have blankets on the back of our chairs year round. And those who do wear sleeveless shirts and skirts or shorts, pretty much always have a cardigan with them. One of the girls who sits near me was actually wearing a hoodie last week, and it was pushing 100 degrees outside. I blame my boss. His office is really hot so he keeps the temperature down and then we all freeze.

In my office, as I'm sure pretty much every other office/work place, we have people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. One last week came out of the bathroom, went in the kitchen and used his hand to scoop up some chex mix that was in a bowl, with plastic cups right next to it for digging in to it. Glad another co-worker saw him do it and he tossed the chex mix. We have plenty of food thiefs here. If it is out in the open in the fridge or in a see-through container, it is not safe. One of the supervisors had all but 1 tbsp of her scrambled eggs she brought in for the week eaten. It was a Tuesday, somebody ate all 4 days worth of scrambled eggs in her container and left her a tablespoon. We are getting closer and closer to having a camera installed in the kitchen because this happens so often.

??? Who in there right mind would eat somebody else's food? thats just wrong.......I say brownies with an extra large dose of laxatives are in order.....

For the most part co-workers are pretty good, though I have a few, space invading, grooming nasal clearing speaker phone idiots. Thanksfully they are few and far between.

Oh! and the men that come down from other floors to use the bathroom! I see what your doing, just cause were on the ground floor doesnt make it the take a dump floor.....crap in your own toilets.....
    (i'm sure women do this too, but I am on the path to the mens room lol)
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    DO NOT clip your fingernails at work!!!! Grooming should be done at home thank you!!
    I had a neighbor's flying fingernail piece soar over a cubicle wall and land on my keyboard...GROSS!!!!

^^^^This!!!

A guy I used to work with clipped his nails all the time. It was so loud that other people in the office would come over to our cubicle and tell him to stop because it was gross. At least they didn't sit next to him!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    yeah. stealing the food thing is really annoying. i mean, someone went into a paper bag i had in the fridge w/ my food in it, took my apple and closed the bag back up. thank goodness i have a mini-fridge in my office now.

OH and probably just as bad, when people leave food in the fridge for MONTHS and it starts to smell like death in the entire hallway by the kitchen b/c there's a science project growing in the fridge. *gag*
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I never understood the stealing food thing....so bizarre and disgusting!
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    no wonder everyone hates me here....i ask for gum, clip nails, leave food in microwave, steal food and piss on the toilet seat.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: