Anybody need a buddy?

Options
EmmaR25
EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
Hi

I'm Emma from the UK, I am 5ft2 and weigh 177lbs i've already lost 5lbs this week. I am looking to buddy up with someone who maybe has similar stats to me and is also looking for a buddy.......

Send me a message :)

Replies

• nsanville
    nsanville Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Emma
    I am new to this too! Just started today. I am 5'3 and 166 pounds, 30 years old from the US. I am hoping that this keeps me motivated and accountable for my eating and exercise, LOL. I have not lost at all, seeing as today is my first day!
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am from India. I am 5'4" and I weigh (gulp) 217 pounds. Hoping to lose a substantial amount of weight with the help of this tool. I have lost about 8 pounds in the last 2.5 months and I need to speed it up...grrr! Anyhoo, best of luck to all of us :D
  • luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    HI!

I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds all summer. LOL. So I am now approaching this more realistically, with a long term goal in mind. I would love to buddy up with you guys- I need some accountability- especially over the weekends.
  • chill611
    chill611 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm down too! I've been gaining 5-10 pnds then losing it...then gaining it....I need a change of lifestyle and friends to help:)!!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    feel free to add
  • luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm down too! I've been gaining 5-10 pnds then losing it...then gaining it....I need a change of lifestyle and friends to help:)!!!

I have been doing the same thing. I am having to change my lifestyle totally instead of being on a "diet" if I want to reach my goals. I am approaching things in phases (sort of like Chris Powell does for his show). Instead of trying to go for the 2 #s a week goal, I have changed my goals to 1 # per week.
  • Anabelucci
    Anabelucci Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I could definitely use a buddy! I started myfitnesspal a couple of years ago, but have been on and off, and I never really used the community section. Maybe adding friends will help me this time around. :)

Please add me!
  • thunderer74
    Options
    I am new to this site. Started couple days ago. I need motivation and support. Feel free to add me.
  • skinnyb2013
    skinnyb2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started at 179 and 5'2 and lost about one lb per week except when at the lake. I was on vac last week and I won't weigh until I think I am back at 171, that is where I was at before vac. This is a great tool if u stick with it. I am not exercising yet but I may start this week to get my vac gain off.:glasses:
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in... 35 years old, 5'4", weight 176. I started out so strong back in Jan and lost 20 lbs. Then I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds since April. Time to refocus! I'm searching for motivation and support and accountability too!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, been on and off here for a year or so. Never really made the effort, hopefully some friends will motivate / shame me into being accountable! feel free to add me
  • SharonReitsma
    SharonReitsma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another person in the boat right here! I joined MFP after the birth of my 1st daughter and quickly fell off the wagon.... fast forward a year and 2nd daughter and I'm determined to make some changes. I've been pretty good the last 8 weeks and have lost 23lbs!!! Friends for motivation and accountability would be very very helpful! Feel free to add me too!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you'd like.
  • mboland76
    mboland76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well.
  • Lissy552
    Lissy552 Posts: 7
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :) no friends lol :[
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way!! I've gained/lost the same 5-10 pounds for months now! I'd love to have some buddies to help! I'm 5'2" from the US-if you want, you're more than welcome to friend me as well just please put that you're friending me cause of this post so I know it's not just totally random....
  • LoriLeigh1
    LoriLeigh1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I live in Texas USA. Been trying to lose weight for a couple years and haven't had much success. Now I have joined a local gym and I go to cycle class. I am 5 ft 3 and weight 173. I would love to get down to 125. I am not consistent with exercise as much as I would like to be. I would love to make some friends. Feel free to contact me through Skype: lori.haulk Hope everyone stays encouraged and we can make our goals together. ...Lori
  • Journey_2_tri
    Journey_2_tri Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today too! I am 170 lbs now, looking to come down to 130. I think we all can use the encouragement to keep up and meet our exceed our goals.

Good luck with your day's activities and healthy eating. I find it easy to look at it that way, just one day at a time.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello. I live in Texas USA. Been trying to lose weight for a couple years and haven't had much success. Now I have joined a local gym and I go to cycle class. I am 5 ft 3 and weight 173. I would love to get down to 125. I am not consistent with exercise as much as I would like to be. I would love to make some friends. Feel free to contact me through Skype: lori.haulk Hope everyone stays encouraged and we can make our goals together. ...Lori

Sounds like somebody's got a buddy now! lol. I just started at 5'1" 173...looks like that's our not so magic number there. I'd love to have you as my buddy!