New Exercise.. need opinions.

Options
Okay So I'm 13 yrs old, 180 pounds and I'm trying this new exercise program called the 100 Workout... and If I do all of the following exercises a day, and eat the amount of calories, carbs, etc myfitnesspal tells me to, do you think I'll lose a significant amount, or is this daily exercise not enough?

I'm doing :
Exercise 1: 100 Jumping Jacks

Exercise 2: 90 Abdominal Crunches

Exercise 3: 80 Squats

Exercise 4: 70 Leg Lifts

Exercise 5: 60 Jumping Jacks

Exercise 6: 50 Abdominal Crunches

Exercise 7: 40 Squats

Exercise 8: 30 Leg Lifts

Exercise 9: 20 Jumping Jacks

Exercise 10: 10 Minutes of Running/Jogging/Walking

Replies

• 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    that is a lot of exercise for anyone, let alone a 13 year old. i would focus much more on dieting and eating right along with maybe 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. you may burn yourself out with this exercise plan.
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    that is a lot of exercise for anyone, let alone a 13 year old. i would focus much more on dieting and eating right along with maybe 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. you may burn yourself out with this exercise plan.

Agreed. At 13, your body is still developing and without proper guidance you may end up doing more damage than good. See if your parents can take you to see a trainer or perhaps even your doctor/nationalist to get a better idea of what you should be doing to lose or maintain your weight. Also, I was under the impression the caloric count on MFP is designed specifically for adults, so going by those standards may end up sabotaging your success as well. I thought someone had mentioned before, also to someone younger, that there's a teen version of MFP on some site, does anyone know it?

Also, doing 80 squats at one time would KILL me. My legs give out at about 40; this type of exercise may be designed for people already in decent shape?