Exersice Bra's for the Large chested?

Options
Where does one buy a good exersice bra for the large chested? I'm a D cup, and just trying them on and testing the bouncing has left me sore!! and keep in mind I'm poor, so I can't afford to pay $60 per bra!!

Replies

• upadhaya
    upadhaya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested to hear what folks have to say on this one as I started out being a 42D....need to get refitted as all mine are too large now on the tightest hook.

I wear 2 sports bras when I go to zumba (just the $14.00 kind like from target).
    I do try to get 1 that has a sport back and one that is different so all the tension is not in the same spot on my shoulders.

Hope this helps.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Champion sport bras- underwire. Its usually around $45 but if you shop at Kohl's, they go on sale every couple of months. Match it with one of the coupons and you can usually get them for around 28 dollars. I stock up 2x a year when they go on sale. I do double bra if I am doing cardio- spin, Zumba, running. (I'm double DD). A good bra is cheaper than a lift. Make a nice bra a reward for acheiving a weightloss or health goal.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort bras. I'm a 38E and they work great. They don't come in E cups so I ordered a 40DD and it works. Here are a couple I'd recommend.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL323/

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL364/

They are a little tricky to get into and out of, so may not be great for someone who has limited arm/shoulder mobility. But they keep the girls in place with basically no bouncing.

I personally cannot imagine wearing two bras while working out. It's hot enough to wear one! I have never felt the need to wear two with these bras.
  • Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a Shock Absorber (not sure if you get those in the States?) and it's the best I've ever had (DD cup) - it even gives me a bit less back fat sticking out than I had with previous ones, which is always a bonus ;-)

Here is what I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000XKJZZ8/ref=asc_df_B000XKJZZ88681699?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000XKJZZ8
  • BellaAbrianna
    Options
    Hi,

For me it is Lululemon's Tata Tamer. I'm wearing a 32 DD although I am a bit bigger because the tighter the better to keep 'em strapped down. lol

They are about $50 but really worth it. You can get away with just one or two for your high impact days and wear something else for walks/weights etc...

The boobs are not the place to skimp. Good support is what saves our breasts from sagging to our belly buttons. I run and even a little bounce over all those miles would add up to sag. I love my boobs too much to do that! LOL

Good luck :)
  • BellaAbrianna
    Options
    Oh and another tip I was given by someone else... buy your sports bras only in proper sizes (like 32DD) not in small, medium, large etc.. for larger chests to get the correct fit. If it doesn't come in proper sizes it isn't supportive enough in the band unless you happen to be a perfect "medium" which 90% of us aren't.

Abrianna
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I second the post that recommended Moving Comfort. I love the Moving Comfort Maia bra. I am also D cup and for the first time get no bounce. I used to wear 2 bras when exercising and still get some bounce.
  • bartleby9
    bartleby9 Posts: 30
    Options
    Title Nine makes amazing bras for this. Personally, I prefer as much support and squish as possible so I wear sports bra from them 24/7. I can't stand jiggling. In their magazine they rate their bra's by dumbbells (I think 1 dumbell is minimum support and 4 or 5 is max). The bras are about 46 bucks each, but they have taken quite a beating from me and are still doing their job. I think the one I love most is a moving comfort bra. If you go to the store, they will fit you if you ask for help with that. Online works too. I think the trick is getting a bra that is fitted to you. Best of luck!
  • ldyminerva
    ldyminerva Posts: 21
    Options
    A good bra is cheaper than a lift.

I already had a lift, and i certainly don't want to mess up the doctors work! I lost 160 pounds through weight loss surgery and had all the plastics done...guess i'll have to suck it up and use some of my student loan money for bras!

Thanks everyone!

Jenny
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Go Champion bras!! I'm a 36DDD and it is perfect.
  • sistatv
    sistatv Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have an Enell and while it is not perfect it does make a huge difference!
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant recently developed a partnership with Reeboc and they have some nice sports bra for large chested women--even if you're smaller but still have large breast this is a good option
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a very full C cup (actually I'm pretty sure I'm a solid D- and am just lying to myself haha), and I have two sports bras that I love. One is made by Champion and the other Adidas. Both have the racer back and THICK straps. I hate the sports bras that have thin dinky real bra straps.

Both cost me about 60$ though. I'm a student and super poor as well. But the Champion one I've had for 2 years and its still awesome and does its job. Might be worth the investment!
  • MandaKayMakesIt
    Options
    Champion. Seriously. I've always hated sports bras, but these are so comfy, don't pinch and pull, and have great support. Target has a few variations of them which I seriously love. The ones I buy are usually $12.99...so you can't beat that :)
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Options
    Im also large chested 36DD and always have trouble finding a good sports bra. I tend to wear two for the support I need, but wearing two can be very uncomfortable.
  • sandradi87
    sandradi87 Posts: 13
    Options
    I feel your pain... I went into Victoria's Secret and had 3 diff. women measure me to make sure my sz was actually true b/c I didn't want to be a double DD.

Nike's work really really well. I found mine at TJ Maxx for like $20 when I looked for it at Nike's Factory store it was double the price. I even found some at Wal-Mart...most times just look for high impact kind. I never spend more than ~$20 on a sports bra.
    Not sure how many of you do this already, but I've started wearing sports bras around the house to prevent the girls from prematurely sagging, just wanted to share that.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I think saving up for one is a good idea. You're going to have a hard time finding a supportive, good bra that isn't around $60.

I am a 32E which is expensive anyway :P but I can personally recommend Freya's sports bra. I can do jumping jacks with virtually no bounce! Its amazing.

I've heard good things about Moving Comfort and Enell, as well, though I have not personally tried them.

For non running, jumping type exercises, I use a Champion sports bra that I bought at Target for $25. Make sure you try it on to find the size that works best for you since the sizing seems a little wonky to me. Although that could just be bec of my size. They are great for lifting weights and hiking type things but NOT for running.

Good luck!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    If you are in the western US, Ross Dress for Less has a pretty good variety of bras in larger sizes. I'm a 38DD, and have found some great bargains at Ross ($3-12 for a bra). I also noticed that JC Penney has some decent bras, but they are in the $20-30 range. JC Penney is easier to shop at than Ross, but the discounts at Ross make searching through the racks for half an hour worth the effort.