What was your "this is it" moment?

Options
I always hear or read about people telling what their moment of realization was. The moment that SOMETHING happened when they realized that was the final straw and they had to lose weight.

Mine was last week on vacation. I had to buy a 2x in bathing suit bottoms. I am only 5' mayb 5'1, a 2x for my build is ridiculous. I have never had to look at that size, much less consider trying it on. That was my ah ha moment for sure.

What was yours?

Replies

• michaela531
    michaela531 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I tried to take my ring off my finger and had a hard time getting it off, I realized that I wasn't going to let it go until I couldn't get it off at all.
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mine was a similar moment. I just graduated college and my gift from my parents was a new wardrobe. I was excited to go shopping until I started trying on things, and NOTHING looked good. I decided I would get back on track, lose some weight, and THEN get my new wardrobe.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple - most noticably when I saw myself on the holiday video. I'm pretty sure I was 7 months pregnant

The most recent trigger was after spending 5 minutes kicking a ball about in the garden with my lad - I was out of breath! Not so long ago I was playing regular 90 minute competitive matches!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When the vision of what I looked like was not the same as the pictures I saw of me at Christmas. I saw my self at 150lbs.... the pictures showed me over 200lbs, i knew the camera didn't add that many pounds.... I also became very concious of how i looked when I was changing clothing and i became embrassed to change in front of anyone. Also, I am wedding dress shopping and let me just say that ... nothing i have tried on has been flattering the way i see myself to be on the inside....

I'm still in the spot where i am super disgusted to look in the mirror let alone weighing my self... but i am at that moment where something has to give something has to change or i will continue to be unhappy with myself.
  • kikiriedle
    kikiriedle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My "this is it" moment was a conversation that i was having with my fiance and his mom about plastic surgery and boob jobs. My fiance is against any kind of cosmetic surgery and i was explaining that IF i ever lose the weight i want to i will most likely need to have skin removed and i was shocked that it didnt make a difference he still was against it, he wouldnt stop me but was still against it. the conversation ended with him saying " i dont think i have to worry about it because i dont think you will ever lose the weight." I was pissed but used it as fuel, to prove him wrong and motivation to lose this weight i have carried for so long.
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds so lame BUT -

Seeing super cute outfits on pintrest and thinking I could NEVER pull that off... well I am going to pull it off!