HRM...

Options
I was just wondering if you had to use the chest strap with the Polar HRM? I would love one where I could just wear the watch. Does that exist? If so, is the monitor more accurate when you wear the chest strap or does the watch do just as good a job.
I am really ready to buy one, I don't need a fancy one, but I would like one that takes my HR constantly, and one that tells me how many calories are burned.
Any ideas about which one I should get?

Replies

• luvmytwins02
    Options
    I was just wondering if you had to use the chest strap with the Polar HRM? I would love one where I could just wear the watch. Does that exist? If so, is the monitor more accurate when you wear the chest strap or does the watch do just as good a job.
    I am really ready to buy one, I don't need a fancy one, but I would like one that takes my HR constantly, and one that tells me how many calories are burned.
    Any ideas about which one I should get?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think all the Polars have a chest strap...I have the F4 and I love it...had bought a Mio at Wal Mart that does not have a chest strap but I had to record my HR several times during the workout to get an accurate calorie count...it was a hassle. With the Polar I just press start and off it goes...:flowerforyou:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11 & it has a chest strap. You do get used to the chest strap after a while, at least I have.