I am a downer...

I just read through some of my posts and realized I am a downer.

If you have close to or more than 100 pounds to lose, you will most likely have loose skin. You MAY need surgery to fix it. Am I wrong to post that? I see the question so many times... so many people (women mainly) who say it is one of their biggest worries. Am I making it worse? I lost 140 pounds, I look like a deflated balloon under my clothes (sorry for the visual). I kept the weight off for many years, and despite what so many people on here say, it NEVER rebounded. I drank tons of water, I used plenty of moisturizer, I did lots of toning. And I feel like it's almost wrong to give that often false hope when someone poses the question "will I have loose skin?" or "how can I keep from getting loose skin?".

I don't want to discourage anyone, I don't want to derail anyone. I just want to be truthful... so here is some truth.

It doesn't matter!!!

Yeah- loose skin sucks! I hate it every day. But it's better than being overweight and unhealthy, and getting winded from going up the stairs.

It's just another excuse!

It's worth it!
Don't let the fear of loose skin stop you from getting healthy. If you have THAT much weight to lose, you can't let it all be about vanity- your health/life is at risk.

Replies

• Pentdad
    Pentdad Posts: 23
    Hey folks fatman here again...

I think people should ruminate on the choices... To be huge, unhealthy, and obese with no loose skin. Or to be slim, healthy, feeling great, with loose skin. Everything you can do in life has positives and negatives, you just have to use logic to determine the ratio. For example, I could go on holiday to Las Vegas... positives are it would be a great experience, negatives are it would cost me £800. Would I care about the £800 when I'm telling my kids about it in 20 years?

You should look at loose skin as being a nasty by product of weightloss, that probably will happen to many people 100lbs plus. But the positives are so important that it makes thinking about it pointless...