Looking to make New Friends

Options
Lyzz6363
Lyzz6363 Posts: 49 Member
I have been on here for 6 months, I have had pretty good slow and steady progress. As of now it's like winter for most people because I live in the desert and it's pushing 111-117 degrees every day so basically I am in hiding until end of September. So being active is limited. I am on the search for more and new friends. Half of mine have given up and have not logged in for months. I really love to support all my friends who support me. I am looking for friends( mostly females) with the same goals 30lbs-100lbs lost and around the same age, but will be friends with almost everyone, as long as they are supportive. I love this app a little more with lots of friends and support, it truly does help.

Add me If you would like some support and like to support me. =)

Replies

• mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have been on here since March and haven't missed a day yet! I love having lots of friends on here. I love to offer encouragement and support. Feel free to add me if you would like. I started with a goal to lose about 40 lbs. So far I have lost 24 lbs. changing my eating habits and finding the right exercise program. Best wishes!
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty active. I'm not leaving until I shed off all of this fat. I just started a regimen to be more active and lose this weight. I'm new to the whole "dieting" and "working out" thing. Add me if you like. I tend to comment a lot, but if you don't mind that, we'll get a long just fine.
  • redheaddiva
    Options
    hi can any one tell me how to get a serving size changed I've tried doing but it won't change from a cup to a 1/2 cup ??//
    help /////
  • sofaaakingcool
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sofie. I am trying to find friends on here that will keep me motivated and on track. I want to lose about 20 lbs and I've been using MyFitnessPal on and off for about four months. Let's be friends ;)
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I added both of you. I think the more friends the better you do. I was doing so great in the beginning but then started going off track, haven't lost much in the past month. So I think more friends will help, seeing what others are doing that I am may be doing wrong. I may miss a day here there but I am in this for the long run as well, I have about 80lbs to go and plan to stay on here until it's gone. =)
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    Awesome & added =)
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey, I wanna lose between 30-70 pounds...gained weight over the past two years. I haven't fully committed to mfp till now..but I'm ready! Tired of complaining and looking at my body and not liking it..I'm Chynna BTW. :)
  • cdrey23
    cdrey23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi...I'm Cindy. I'm new to this whole losing weight thing. I had my baby 2 1/2 years ago and have been putting on weight instead of losing it. I am looking to lose 60 lbs. I have tried dieting since i had her but I give up within the first few days. I'm looking for friends who are on the same mission. Add me if you'd like.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You should be able to by just tapping the number. It works for me. Sorry if that's not much help.
  • kimboyouknow
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kim, I'm 23 and I'm looking to lose 30-40 lbs... I started myfitnesspal with a group of friends but slowly one by one, they seem to be neglecting their accounts. It's so much easier to do this when you have others to look at for encouragement. Right now I log in and It's just me and my sister! Feel free to add me if you like because I know it helps with more!
  • emilynyman00
    emilynyman00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im "21" and need to lose about 90 ilbs. anyone can add me
  • flstarlady65
    flstarlady65 Posts: 129
    Options
    I am a single mom who wants to shed about 50lbs and always looking for new friends to support each other. Feel free to add me.
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    Hello ladies, I am so happy you all read this and hope we can all become friends and support each other. I feel that this APP is unique do to the fact you can make friends and help each other, so those who want to keep forward can help each other, and those who want to give up well their on there own.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Hey, I just joined today, but have been working out for a week. my goal is to work out 5days aweek for 45-60min a day.
    My mini goal is to drop 25-50lbs and my big goal is to drop 50-70lbs by next year :smile:
  • pug5044
    pug5044 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Jason. 26. I'm 6'6" and I used to be 220 in college, when I played collegiate tennis. Now that I have been out for five years, I have put on 50 lbs (10 lbs on average a year). I was 270, and dropped about 10 lbs before I got on MFP. I am doing a 30 day transformation with exercise, to which I am exercising everyday for 30 minutes for 30 days. Once the 30 days is over, I am cutting back to every other day, because I am a teacher, and seven days a week would be too much. I am also eating a lot healthier, which has been nice, and that is something that I do not want to stop doing period! I really just want to get a kick-start, and get back into a reasonable conditioning mode. I am down 10 out of 50, and I am really trying my best to get down to at least 230. I am reading these stories, and I feel motivated to continue!
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    That's great Jason, good luck to you on your 30 day shred and all your goals. Glad we can get you motivated. =)
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I need new friends as well!
    I had a great record going of days logged on but lost it after going on two vacations. I am back with full force today and would like to add some new friends to keep it exciting! Please feel free to add me!
  • rissablue
    rissablue Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I've had a good time reading your posts. I'm pumped to get started. I just joined today as well and my goal is 20-25 pounds along with becoming more regimented in exercising. Please add me and hopefully we can keep each other on track!
  • emmeline79
    Options
    Looking to make new friends as well!

I've used MFP on and off but want to commit myself and i find this keeps me accountable, I've stuck on for a week in the past here and there but not this time..
  • jnicole90
    jnicole90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends as well!
    I'm 22 and wanting to lose 30-35 lbs. I've had this app for a while, but have always been on and off about using it. But now I'm fully committing to it.
    Anyone can add me :)