84 lbs down...15-20 lbs to go - The finish line is near!

Options
rfarinha
rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
Seems like every 3 months or so, my weightloss tends to drop off, and I find great motivation to "stay the course" by looking back at how far I've come.

I've recently gone shopping, and the most interesting shift has occured. Instead of being motivated to buy something just "because it FITS", I can be more discriminating with my purchases, because everything I try will fit, so if I don't absolutely LOVE it, then I don't buy it. It's really an amazing feeling!

Stats August 2011 Current Difference
Weight: 239 lbs. 155 lbs. -84 lbs
Bust: 46* 37.5 -8.5 inches
Waist: 40.5* 32.5 -8.0 inches
Hip: 51* 41 -10 inces
Pants Size 22 Size 10
Tops 1x/2x Med
*Starting Measurements as of 10/13/2011

My Jeans - Then and Now
Jeans.jpg

This is where I started and first milestone:
2012-03-29_14-21-25_752-1-1-1-1.jpg

Second and third milestone:
2012-03-29_14-21-25_752-1-1-1-2.jpg

Where I am now:
June252012.jpg

July 1, 2012
CroppedCouple.jpg

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    You look great and you will reach the finish line:)
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Fantastic Job! What an inspiration!!!!
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks so much for your post! Your stats are similar to mine, and seriously you gave me a lot of hope today! Congratulations on such success and how fun to be a descriminate shopper now! I'm so happy for you.
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    Amazing job - no wonder your husband has such a huge smile in that last pic.

So inspirational - well done.
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look awesome...good work!
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! You look absolutely amazing.
    What type of working out did you implement in your efforst to losing weight?
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    Incredible!
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great documentation of your journey! Well done! You not only look skinny but you took years off of your life!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    fantastic loss
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job and only since August?!. You look wonderful!
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    You look great!
  • cmayoung
    cmayoung Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    excellent! you look amazing!
  • mommab23k
    mommab23k Posts: 35
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!! You and I started at the exact same weight, I reached my goal and am now maintaining. You are right, you CAN do it!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Every time I read one of these success stories it motivates me. You have and are making a great transformation. I have been at or near my present weight for so long I have doubts I can ever do it. Stories like yours are proof. Thanks for sharing.
  • Saritamac25
    Saritamac25 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great Job, keep going, you're so inspiring!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    So much :heart:! Thank you!

@annokoye - I started out with 20 minutes on an elliptical machine about 6 weeks in, and watching my heart rate go off the chart and give me the "blinking" warning. About a month later I tried Zumba and LOVED it! I have been doing Zumba 3 to 5 times a week! I also tried a boot camp for about 3 weeks, but I think I need to just start some traditional strength training. I just earned a free session with a personal trainer, so I am going to have them outline a good plan for me.

@Gapwedge01 - Don't give up! BTW... Most of the cyclists we know "ride to eat" vs. riding for exercise. For me actually logging everything that I put in my mouth is what made a huge difference. And I found that if I was logging it, that it would help me to make better choices. Don't get me wrong, I typically will not pass up an amazing piece of chocolate fudge cake with cream cheese frosting from "the Prolific Oven", but the size of the piece will be small, and only the one piece. =) Good luck to you!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • melissa10666
    Options
    well done!! you look so much healthier and happier :) x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!