Monster Pump

Options
I started going to the gym the beginning of May, so I'm still finding my way. My son uses Monster Pump when he lifts and suggested that I use it to stay focused. It does help me, but it gives me the worst case of mule gas,: so I don't use it all that often.
Any alternatives?

Replies

• choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    ds craze.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I started going to the gym the beginning of May, so I'm still finding my way.

This says it all.

You do not need a pre-workout at your stage (you never NEED one, actually), learn how to lift with 100% effort & intensity every set first.
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    Jack3D is what my friend uses, though I have no personal experience with it
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone:)
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Jack3D is total junk, avoid.
  • thethreestrings
    Options
    Agree with Hendrix...you don't need it
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Jack3D is total junk, avoid.
    Jack 3d contains dmaa research on this is poor so avoid it. Causes some people to crash hard
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have used almost all the pre workout drinks under the sun. To me it is only a placebo. Maybe the caffine in it gives me a tiny lift of energy but I would say don't waste the money.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Some good ol' oatmeal... 2 hours before the gym... that's it!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    A banana and a cup of coffee before going to gym works well and doesn't require the purchase of a special supplement.
  • matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    That will likely be the creatine in the supplement your son gave you. It's perfectly normal and creatine has also been proven to be beneficial in increasing energy levels by converting ADP into ATP (the science :)) proven to work and very safe. Most supplements branded as "pre-workout" supplements normally always contain a small amount of creatine but only a very small amount. Personally I would just take creatine on its own and save money.. But as already said, the most important thing is to just make sure you eat plenty on the day leading up to your workout, so you pack in plenty of carbs, ready to be burned in your workout :)