*MAY* 100 lb challenge

Options

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Ugh. Havin a rough time with meals. Hubby and I are doing this together which is great but planning dinner/supper is killin me. Neither one of us like fish, I LOVE chicken he hates it. So it's beef , pork , and occassionally chicken or turkey. And he will only eat certain vegtables. I know I shouldn't feel resposible for his weight-loss, but I am the one cooking , it is not feesable to cook more than 1 meal for varying tastes AND it must be a kid friendly meal ugh. Although the kids are easier to cook for than he is :ohwell:

Hmmmm, I know what you mean about the after dinner snacking. I've managed to stay with my calories but Ive limited myself to fruit, veggies or the occassionally laughing cow cheese and 100 cal ritz cracker pack as after dinner snack. This is usually about 30 min. after my exercise and Im starving.

Good Luck to everyone this week.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i am having a rip roaring tough time the last week. yesterday was horrible, and i was crying and beating myself up over the fact that i have been on a pretty consistent binge eating pattern for the last 2 months. i'm trying trying really trying, and i'm looking into getting so counselling so hopefully things will go better. i gained this week, no shock there.

April 21- 276.4
    April 28- 279.5
    May 5- 281.8

trying not to get myself down. my mini goal weight wise for this month is to get to 270. i lose weight quickly when i first get going, but after that my goal is 5lbs/ month.

thanks for the support ladies, i'll beat these demons yet :)
  • anewbeginning
    anewbeginning Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    started on Feb 23, 2008 at 268.8 lbs.
    10 week weigh in 248.8= total lbs lost 20 so far:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • spartysue
    spartysue Posts: 29
    Options
    Well, I weighed in at my doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. I am down 9 pounds since I started MFP in April! My doc was thrilled. Plus, my blood pressure is way down--another bonus! In January, I was 337, I'm now at 310. My goal for May is to get below that 300 mark! By the way, I read on the web yesterday that for every pound we lose, it's 4 pounds less pressure on our knees! I don't know if that is true, but if it is, that is great incentive for me!!

As a struggling binge-eater, I can sympathize with those of you who are going through rough times. One thing that helps me is to not eliminate anything totally from my "diet." I allow myself one day off a week. I don't go totally crazy, but I do allow my self some an extra slice or two of pizza, ice cream, cake or whatever.... And I don't beat myself up over it. That way, if I'm really "needing" the junk, I know I will have it on my "day off." I try to increase my exercise a little that day and/or the next. It might slow my progress a bit, but it helps keep me on track.

Anyway, sorry so long. Hang in there! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't an easy week for food choices, especially with the great food at the wedding I was at!!! But I put in some extra time for exercise and it payed off!!!

Start weight in January 290 lbs
    Last week I weighed 221 lbs
    This week I weigh 219 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

Yay, I lost 2 lbs this week and brought my total loss to 71 lbs, only 29 more to go!!!
  • mrsksanchez
    mrsksanchez Posts: 64
    Options
    hi guys haven't checked in cause the kids crashed the comp just got it back from computer911 lol yesterday $90 anyway so here we go
    april 1st 250lbs size 22
    may 5th 226lbs size 16:love:
  • ellelit
    Options
    April 21- 276.4
    April 28- 279.5
    May 5- 281.8

May 12- 282.8

have been having alot of problems with bingeing, and had a binge yesterday too. honestly, i'm surprised it's not more than 1 pound up since last week. here is to this week.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Well .... after 2 weeks of nothing, I've dropped 1 lb. Bye Bye 300's hello 299. NOW HURRY UP AND GET OFF ME!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Started MFP 2-19-08 @ 234 lbs

4-1 224
    4-15 222
    5-1 221
    5-15 220.5

Ugh! Only 1/2 a pound. Oh well, it's still a loss. I'm kicking up my exercise.....
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is the same thread or not( I posted on one like this bevore) but since I have over 100 pounds to loose I would love to join you. I do very well in the beginning of my weightloss
    started mai 7th 318 pounds
    mai 14 311 pounds and 1 inch off both waist and thighs
    but I am also aware that it is mostly water weight and will be a lot harder the closer I get.
    I do pretty well on my calories, not starving , but I eat to much protein and not enough healthy carbs.I have been on this road to health quite a few times but I hope and pray that this time is the last. I really love all the good advice on here and the support from everyone is great. Some of you might like to check out the Hungry girl web site www.hungrygirl.com where they list foods that are laden with calories and fat and slim them down ( the onionrings and chickenstrips are on my list to try soon) I hope everyone has a great healthy day :flowerforyou:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I'm not sure this is the same thread or not( I posted on one like this bevore) but since I have over 100 pounds to loose I would love to join you. I do very well in the beginning of my weightloss
    started mai 7th 318 pounds
    mai 14 311 pounds and 1 inch off both waist and thighs
    but I am also aware that it is mostly water weight and will be a lot harder the closer I get.
    I do pretty well on my calories, not starving , but I eat to much protein and not enough healthy carbs.I have been on this road to health quite a few times but I hope and pray that this time is the last. I really love all the good advice on here and the support from everyone is great. Some of you might like to check out the Hungry girl web site www.hungrygirl.com where they list foods that are laden with calories and fat and slim them down ( the onionrings and chickenstrips are on my list to try soon) I hope everyone has a great healthy day :flowerforyou:

Hi gabi, My mom just sent me the hungry girl cookbook from the states. and matter of fact I just made the chicken strips and onion rings the other night. I used franks hot sauce for some and a bar-b-que for others on the strips instead of the egg sub. They were really good , Franks seemed to hold the meat moisture a bit better. Th onion rings were good but kinda bland, I suggest throwing some spices in with the fiber 1 breading. I didnt and ended up with a ketchup bottle in hande. All in all I will make these again though.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Yay.....ok, so I am now a true believer in eating up those exercise calories!!! I decided that a few weeks of 1 lb losses and all the extra work I was putting in didn't make sense. So I went into reports and discovered that after working out I really was only having between 500 and 600 calories a day since I burnt the rest up.......I took the great advice that I was skeptical about and saw fantastic results this week!!!!!!!!!!

Started in January weighing 290 lbs!
    Last week I weighed in at 219 lbs!
    And this week I weighed 214 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

Ate great this week, felt the energy perking up and I lost 5 lbs!!!! That's 76 lbs down since starting this journey!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Started - 273
    Started MFP - 265
    Now - 253

Down 20 total -:smile:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love this thread, it's so motivating to see other people's weight loss. Started yesterday at 308, need to loose 150 lbs. I'm just looking at 10lbs at a time though right now...short term goals!:smile:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have been having some issues but here goes:
    Started Dec 6th 2008 258 lbs
    May 1st 226
    may 15th 225

1 lb not so great :grumble:
    but I kind of understand why anyway, hope to do better next time!

My sisters wedding :heart: :heart: :heart: is on june 7 and i would love to be under 220 by then
  • mrsksanchez
    mrsksanchez Posts: 64
    Options
    hi guys haven't checked in cause the kids crashed the comp just got it back from computer911 lol yesterday $90 anyway so here we go
    april 1st 250lbs size 22
    may 5th 226lbs size 16:love:
    ok today 224lbs pretty good since last week i ate chinese a few times and a whole med pizza with bacon from dominos:wink:
  • ellelit
    Options
    April 21- 276.4
    April 28- 279.5
    May 5- 281.8
    May 12- 282.8
    May 19 - 284.6

looking at the increase in my weight over the last 5 weeks makes me sad :(
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Beginning Weight 1/20/2008: 276.8
    Joined MFP 3/10/2008
    3/22/2008: 268.2
    4/16/2008: 264
    4/22/2008: 262.6
    4/30/2008: 261
    5/12/2008: 259.6
    And...

5/17/2008: 257.4 (that was on Friday. This weekend I did horribly though, so I probably gained, so this week I'm really cracking down. I have to lose 7.4 pounds in a week, but I really doubt that is going to happen, but I'm going to keep trying! Wish me luck! :happy: )
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Well I must say ladies, I have been SUPER P*SSED OFF, lol. I haven't been dropping any pounds at all. Matter of fact I keep bouncing between 299 & 300. But, I know I'm eatting properly and I'm exercising so I'm not giving up.Let me tell you what I did though... confession time.

I am a self sabotager. I know I am , I have always been and I fight not to be everyday. So my plan yesterday was. I haven't dropped a pound and if I log on MFP everyone is just gonna tell me Im losing inches instead of lbs. and I just don't wanna hear that crap. So I decided to prove to myself that I wasn't losing inches or pounds and to give myself and excuse to pig out, and I would have... I've done it many times before. So I pulled out my favorite Capris that I havent been able to wear in over a year. And I recieved a shock... they actually fit... I can button them ....and still breathe.

So, I will appologize to all the MFPers, I didnt really think you were blowing smoke, but my brain does like to trick me. So I continue on , and wait for the numbers to drop. Good Luck everyone!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    4/16 - 310 lbs
    4/26 - 303 lbs
    5/1 - 300 lbs
    5/15 - 299 lbs
    5/21 - 298 lbs

1 lb drop