Heather - First Day - Need friends and help lol

Options
I am a 23 year old female. I am 5'9 weigh 169. I had a baby a year ago and I do Zumba religiously. I'm not losing or gaining weight and don't know if I measure correctly. I want to lose 15 pounds. I need tips on what are good toning exercises that are fun too. Also I'm an extremely picky person when it comes to food. I like foods with tons of flavor. Any suggestions? I am a junk food junkie... my other fault is not eating enough calories...how do you turn healthy food into calories intake? I realize I have a lot to learn...need some help and motivation. I am a mess....help?

Replies

• VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather and welcome. Start by tracking everything you eat and drink. I think most of us here are here because we love tasty food. But once you realize what the junk food is doing to your body, you may be motivated to try give healthier options a chance. Keep up with the Zumba.... and look into adding weight training to your work outs. MFP is a great starting resource for you. You will find a lot of support and motivation here. Good luck!
  • MissTammie77
    MissTammie77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi :) my baby girl is 14 months old now and i dont feel ive lost any of my baby weight, so here i am. i will add you as a friend, if i can work out how! x i joined this a few months ago but the motivation wasnt there so im back today detemined to give it a go. i swim as much as i can, walk everyehere (i dont drive) and i do zumba, aerobics, my shape on the wii at home.
  • hmcdonald88
    Options
    thanks so much. i am not just here for me but i'm hoping that what i learn here i can incorporate into my home life as well and help my significant other find the right path. I don't have to much to drop but what i do i want gone. I appreciate any tips. :)
  • hmcdonald88
    Options
    My weight just keeps going up and down like one minute i'm 170 then i'm 165. just can't get past that 165 mark. i'm gonna try the measurments thing and see if i'm losing inches...i just feel like i'm not going anywhere also. My baby girl will be 1 in 9 days...can't believe it. She has been walking for two months now and sometimes i just can't keep up. I do Zumba like a mad woman I go for usually 90 mins a day on the xbox kinect burns roughly 2500 calories. but i'm not losing anything....so lost
  • backetball2
    Options
    Hello everybody!

I'm new to this and have NO idea what I'm doing! My personal email is backetball2@yahoo. I have more than 100 lbs to lose and need support! H-E-L-P ;)

Amanda
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    My weight just keeps going up and down like one minute i'm 170 then i'm 165. just can't get past that 165 mark. i'm gonna try the measurments thing and see if i'm losing inches...i just feel like i'm not going anywhere also. My baby girl will be 1 in 9 days...can't believe it. She has been walking for two months now and sometimes i just can't keep up. I do Zumba like a mad woman I go for usually 90 mins a day on the xbox kinect burns roughly 2500 calories. but i'm not losing anything....so lost

Seems like you are doing great with exercising. :) That's great. But the major thing to give people issues is usually what they are eating. :) Track what you eat and make sure you eat the right foods for your body. Calorie counting works best when you intake calories that work best with your body. :) Good Luck.
  • ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a tall one too, 5' 10" and 197, and I'm looking to lose a fairly small amount of weight as well (compared to others who are 50 + pounds overweight.) Feel free to add me if you need any help sticking to MFP. I promise it will change your life!!(:
  • KSmarie333
    KSmarie333 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 100 pounds in a year. 19 years old, 5'2, 215 pounds. Definitely going to need help on this one lol I am also looking for friends. Add me please? :)
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I just joined today. and I need to lose 25-50lbs

right now I am doing 40-60min work outs aday 5days aweek. I do a lot of dancing...cardio and a little bit of weights.