Tips on ovoiding binges?

Options
>>>

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Filling yourself up with protein and eliminating the "junk" in your house. Dont buy it and you wont be tempted :)
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Eat often. Don't wait until you are starved because you will eat everything and anything.
  • simonkimberlin
    simonkimberlin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    drink plenty of water
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Keep busy...ask yourself if it'll be worth how horrible you will feel mentally and physically afterward..
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Don't keep tempting foods in your house if you can help it. However, one can binge even on healthier foods. I would make sure to keep busy (boredom can lead to overeating) and to eat every three to four hours to keep your metabolism going. It's also easier to avoid gaps of time between meals this way.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    When you recognize that feeling that all the food in the world isn't enough to satisfy you, don't start eating. Not one single bite.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?? I find when I am eating too little I want to binge but when I eat what I am supposed to I am not hungry!
  • thedove34
    thedove34 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    From what i have learned........Binge eattting is a physical response to an emotional problem. Need to get a hold of whats causing the binging in the first place, then find the tools that will help you combat those nagging temptations to binge... Like little "binge tappers" tapping on the back on your brain telling you to binge. Take a breath, realize what is happening, take another breath, maybe grab the phone and call a friend, or simply do something that will distract your "binge tappers"... Wake yourself up!!! to get out of those desires and habits. Then finally, take another breath....and be proud of yourself for not listening to the ego telling you to self sabatoge!
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Plan plan plan!!! Plan your meals in advance. Don't go grocery shopping without that plan. And never go on an empty stomach!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with everyone! I also try not to eat after dinner, although if I work out late, I will eat something when I get home. I CANNOT have certain food in my house or I will overeat, so they are "out of the house - once in a while" foods. Also, track EVERYTHING - especially when you binge - it will keep you from doing it again soon - I know.
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have always found negative calorie days and extremely low fat/saturated fat days I'm far more likely to binge, on negative calorie days I've woken in the middle of the night to eat
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    go to bed. you can't eat if you're asleep (unless you're a sleep eater!)
  • baddkitty187
    Options
    Plan plan plan!!! Plan your meals in advance. Don't go grocery shopping without that plan. And never go on an empty stomach!

I plan my diary a couple days in advance and bring everything plus an optional snack in a cooler to work, also I don't buy the kids treats when I grocery shop we take a walk to the convenience store for the occasional indulgence
  • angiebmore
    angiebmore Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What are negative calorie days?
  • baddkitty187
    Options
    What are negative calorie days?

When I burn more than I eat, I eat 1275-1300 and I've burned up to 1700 in a day :)
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water.
    Clean the house
    Go for a short walk or run
    Read a book

I discover I get hungry on Wednesdays. I have "off" on Wednesdays from being a stay at home mommy when the kids go to daycare for 1 day per week. I clean my house, do errands, but after that I catch up on shows on Tivo or Roku and that is when I get hungry. I want to watch my shows, so I snack on carrots, strawberries, water.
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    These tips are all helpful. I have this problem occasionally and sometimes I recognize I am eating purely to be eating and not because I am hungry. But often I do not realize it until I've gone through half or more of a bag of reese's cups. Not good. I am working on it - and you guys have helped.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just the thought of having to logging everything and having your diary open helps to keep in check.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Say no to yourself.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    great tips!! I need these. I have the worst time...and the harder I work out, the more I want to eat! :p