I Took a Wrong Turn and I Just Kept Going (With Pic)

Options

Replies

• littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    very nicely done!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    Good for you! And, it goes to show, people gain weight for all sorts of reasons. We all need to be respectful above all. <HUGS>
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    What a great inspiration you are... I have a similar story... My husband passed away from cancer... I knew i needed to get myself together and get healthy for my kids.... 97 pounds later, I am feeling great! Keep up the good worK
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are an inspiration. In the time it has taken you to lose all of that I've been battling the same few pounds. I think you've provided me the kick in the butt that I need to step up my game.

I'm sure your wife smile is shining down on you living life and getting healthy.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    First, so sorry for your loss! Second, I love your story.. very inspirational! Great job, keep up the hard work because it is definitely paying off.
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    OMG! This is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself! You look great! You are a truly motivating and inspiring person! Keep up the fantabulous work!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to take control of your life! I'm sure your wife would be very proud of you! :)
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    First let me say I am so sorry for the tremendous loss you suffered. Congratulations for picking yourself back up and giving life a chance again. I wish you well.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to us all....Please keep us updated with your progress..We are all rooting for you!!! You ROCK!!!:flowerforyou:
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You inspire me so much!!!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAY!!!!
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    Wow!!! What a great change you've made for yourself, congrats!! I'm sure your friends and family are proud of you, what an inspiration you've been to everyone! Keep up the great work, I can't wait to hear of your future successes!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Im sure your wife would be SOOO proud. Danny seems to be a GREAT friend. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Seriously just 18 weeks?! AMAZING! In the grand scheme of things 18 weeks is a pretty short time. I know there has been a lot of sweat and probably a few tears and maybe even some blood, but it obviously paying off! Keep it up and GREAT job!
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing :wink:
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yay for Danny!! He should be so proud of himself for helping you make Monday the 5th THE Monday. Gym buddies are so valuable, it can be a cold, lonely, intimidating place in the gym without support and encouragement.
    You are phenomenal. You truly are. The amount of weight you've lost from your mid section is amazing! I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to open those curtains and let light into your life again....
    Keep going, onwards and upwards, you're destined to do some incredible things with your life, and I hope when the time comes people really get behind you and you raise loads of money for your run :smile:

Very inspirational!!
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I could cry. You started off one pound heavier than me and that resonates deeply...put with that your personal struggles in losing your wife (i know personal tragedy far too well myself) and the fact you've been able to do this is remarkable. You are inspiring and amazing and you truly give me hope. You should be very, very proud. Your wife would be.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you lost your wife to breast cancer, or at all for that matter. Kudos to you for realizing your depression and then taking such huge mammoth leaps to break out and away from it. Your pix are so inspiring, but I'm sure you already know that ;-)

Keep up the wonderful work and your 36 week pix will show you as half the man you were when you began this journey (meaning half the weight as before you started the gym).
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You are very encouraging! You have done a great job!!! Way to go! Keep it up!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!