If you like metal, YOU'RE MY FRIEND!

Options

Replies

• keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used to like metal alot. To the point that i became the lead singer of a couple metal bands. Unfortunately after a few bands, i thought i had earned being accepted in the metal scene despite me being a girl. Couldn't find another band because no one wanted some chick being their singer. :( I dont listen to much anymore. Always was and always will be into hair/glam metal. <3
    335_30202156231_8641_n.jpg
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you all! Up the irons! \m/
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain more of an appreciation. I like Metallica, they're accessible, and I spent a couple of years with my brother constantly practicing his guitar in the next room, to his Metallica collection. A friend introduced me to Korpiklaani (Finnish Folk Metal), who I also like (Vodka!). It's gotten better over time, but I'm not into every band I come across. I still like more melodic stuff, so hardcore, constant growling and screaming is a bit unnerving to me. I try to keep an open mind, because my older brother is a lead guitarist in a pretty popular regional metal band (called Tribune. Pimpin' my bro's band's full new album, streamed here: http://nefariousrealm.com/homenew/?p=4056 . I love "Man On The Outside").

...and now, I am off to check out Volbeat, thanks to cruiser3004! I love the Scandinavians and their music. Maybe it's my viking blood, I dunno.
  • Joan1958
    Joan1958 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, walking and metal are a great match for me. I listen to a lot of Godsmack and get totally motivated to keep on going, I tried other music from my library, but really Sully's voice just does it for me! If you want to add me - I'd like that.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    A big Metal fan, Always Metallica, the last few years been into Disturbed, and most recently discovered a danish band called Volbeat, which i believe are starting to do all right in the U.S. Volbeat have now topped Disturbed as most played by me at the gym.

I just recently discovered Volbeat too, they opened up For Godsmack and Staind at a show I went to a couple months back. Though I went mainly to see Steel Panther. Dead Sara also played and impressed me.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!! Can't make a workout playlist for myself without some Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest, Metallica or Accept. Been listening to metal since I was 11 and got into my dad's "Screaming for Vengeance" JP album, lol...Rock on man, you can do this!! \m/

You can add me if you want, I'm looking for friends on here too!
  • Sissy1074
    Sissy1074 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow.... Metal head here too! Volbeat has been on my playlist for 2 years.... They are played on Sirius Octane and I love it!

Looking for more friends and to lose alot more weight! Just wish I had more umph lately! Feel free to add me!
  • IrinaPhoenix
    Options
    I used to like metal alot. To the point that i became the lead singer of a couple metal bands. Unfortunately after a few bands, i thought i had earned being accepted in the metal scene despite me being a girl. Couldn't find another band because no one wanted some chick being their singer. :( I dont listen to much anymore. Always was and always will be into hair/glam metal. <3

Do you like straight line stitch? She is my favorite female metal lead - EVER! :D LOVE them!

yeah, freakin' A - metal.
    My faves are deff metal-core and power metal genres. Man O War is a hoot, eh? And I can freakin' jam to some Maiden. Another of my faves - deff my fave metal-core band - is War of Ages. They're a great melodic metal-core band. What else? A local Pittsburgh (former) band Once Nothing, Zao (another metal core band from Pittsburgh), and a great Cleveland band called Years of Fire are some awesome performances I've seen in the last few years. Also - PK Mitchell! All hail the power!!! Many others... feel free to add me! :)

Oooh- also, Nodes of Ranvier! Iced Earth!
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My husband makes me listen to metal, does that count?
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Count me in. You guys are awesome. Dave Mustaine fan here.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Metal !!!!

what's everyone think about the lead singer of Lamb of God??

Crazy huh?
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    5 Finger Death Punch!!!!!!
  • dela1000
    dela1000 Posts: 62
    Options

I think I just fell in love.

But to the point, hell yea! Metalhead right here. Anything from Dio to Killswitch Engage.

You're welcome to add me.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Total Metalhead here. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Pantera, Sabbath, Ozzy, Dio, Megadeth, Anthrax. Just to name a few. Haven't heard Manowar in forever. Gonna have to see if I can dig some up. Any friend of metal is a friend of mine. :)
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Symphonic metal lover here!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am a bit of a metal head, but my fiance is like..... insane. :laugh: He loves metal.
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    <3 Love it.
  • elysianashes
    elysianashes Posts: 100
    Options
    Big metalhead here. Sludge, death, progressive, little bit of everything really. Don't really listen to too much "heavy" metal anymore (Metallica, Pantera, etc.) but it's still there in the playlist occasionally. Mostly I like Devin Townsend, Isis, Baroness, Mouth of the Architect, Opeth, old-school industrial like KMFDM and FLA, Skinny Puppy... even been known to throw in some Nightwish or Within Temptation on occasion.

ETA: Oh, and someone mentioned Dream Theater. Yes, please!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!! Metalllllll!!! Add me! I rock out to Nickelback and Creed!!! LOVE IT HEAVY! LIVE IT LOUD!!! That's my motto!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Then why Nickleback and Creed...Baby you need Dio in your life.