5'7 Ladies how many cals are you on???

Options
Hey Peeps just trying to figure how many cals i should be on!!! was on 1300 cal then went up to 1500 and i recently have had a gain in weight and I am now at 75.7kg so yesterday dropped my calories back down to 1350, six months ago i used to do a lot more exercise untill i did a knee injury and it has detered me a little so i have slacked off in the last six months.. but hoping to turn things around and get back on track and drop 5kg....How many cals do you think i should be on?? looking to do four days of exercise a week roughly !!!

Cheers :smile:

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I am set at 1800 cals.
  • nays1983
    nays1983 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok Cool so hows your weightloss been?
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I set mine to 1400 calories with sedentary life style (I sit at a desk most of my work day). I then add my exercise and attempt to eat back those calories. That is set to lose a pound a week.
  • nays1983
    Options
    numbfant so around 1400 and your weight has steadily come off on those cals? how many days are you exercising?
  • gvnyc
    gvnyc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 58.6 kg, currently netting 1470 (except last week, but didn't hurt the weight loss), doing about 4 1hr gym classes a week. Thinking about increasing calories a bit more soon because I'm starting to focus more on fitness goals than losing any more weight.

It's really hard to recommend for someone else though. I think you just have to be prepared to spend the time it takes trying different numbers for a few weeks at a time to see what happens. Frustrating when you're starting out again because you just want to lose it all quick smart!
  • nicool31
    nicool31 Posts: 6
    Options
    Mine is also set to mostly sedentary. I'm at 1340/ day for 1lb/wk weight loss.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    hi! Mine is 1200, set to lose 2 pounds a week because im just starting out & i NEED to see results!

I am 5'6" and 222 pounds and have a sedimentary lifestyle (i am on disability).

I dont seem to have any problem going over... typically, i dont ever reach 1200! I do exercise about 350ish calories a day, and i eat some of those back.

Good luck to you! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • kad254
    kad254 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goal's 1780, I've been losing slowly but surely for the last month. Sometimes I'm under (never below like 1300), and occasionally I spike to around 2000. I'm generally active
  • lyttlewon
    Options
    Ok Cool so hows your weightloss been?

I have lost 20 pounds since May 1st.
  • ostrich_tamer11
    Options
    I'm set at 1610, with about 5 workout days per week calculated in, and I'm pretty active besides. It's working pretty well, I've been on for almost 2 weeks and have lost a couple pounds already :) I occasionally overeat but generally it's been good :)
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I went on the internet and figured out my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) which includes exercise/activity level and for me it said around 2000. MFP had me around 1300 cal which was way too low. Couldn't function on that. I increased my calories and then got a Bodymedia Fit which is an armband you wear all the time and it turns out that my total calorie burn without even doing exercise is around 2200-2400 so then I increased my calories again. I try to eat around 1600-1800 cal to make a 500 calorie deficit from my TDEE to lose 1 lb a week. I have lost 17 pounds since March 1st which is slow but I'm fine with that and now I'm down to around 156 lbs. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    i change mine up for 2 weeks im at 1200 with exercise of at least 45 min each day bit that can be as simple as walking for 30 min. After 2 weeks i switch it up to 1400 and drop 2-4lbs then back down. In doing this i lose a few lbs w each change. Ive currently lost 23 lbs :)
  • lilybear84
    lilybear84 Posts: 57
    Options
    Started at 1200 then 1400 for 2 days now 1550.. Lost 2lbs since :)
  • nays1983
    Options
    Thanks ladies just shows the differance in cals from1200 to 1800... spose it just depends on my activity levels and lately they have not been the best so think its time i get back into it!! very interesting hearing all the comments though Thanks :)
  • lyttlewon
    Options
    I went on the internet and figured out my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) which includes exercise/activity level and for me it said around 2000. MFP had me around 1300 cal which was way too low. Couldn't function on that. I increased my calories and then got a Bodymedia Fit which is an armband you wear all the time and it turns out that my total calorie burn without even doing exercise is around 2200-2400 so then I increased my calories again. I try to eat around 1600-1800 cal to make a 500 calorie deficit from my TDEE to lose 1 lb a week. I have lost 17 pounds since March 1st which is slow but I'm fine with that and now I'm down to around 156 lbs. Slow and steady wins the race!

Oh yes I upped my cals this way about a month ago. I was STARVING all the time. So much happier.
  • debbygarza
    Options
    make sure when you caluculate your calories you don't eat below your BMR and also take into consideration Cals burned from Daily ecercise..After awhile, not eating enough can result in a plateu..JMO =) keep up the good work..
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    1350 calories may work if you are sedentary, although I think that sounds a shade low. You could try it for a week or two and see if you feel comfortable and are losing weight w/o getting weak...probably it should be closer to 1450, if you are sedentary.

I am 5'7", medium build and I just weighed this morning 163lbs (74.1kg). My goal weight is 63.6kg, which really is perfect for me. I have discovered that when I am sedentary, about 1450cal is gives me a 1lb loss/week (.45kg). So if you do anymore exercise besides that, eat your exercise calories.

Currently, I am lifting heavy 3 times per week, and include 20min of sprints on the incline bike. The other 3 days I do 30min lo-intensity cardio. Rest Sunday. I alternate in my calorie intake...lifting days i eat more. I eat plenty of protein and keep my carbs low. This seems to work for my chemistry, and I have figured out a diet that makes me feel happy and satisfied.

This week I have planned ahead on my diet and have already entered it through wednesday lol!

I love how everything is going.
  • debbygarza
    Options
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Hey Peeps just trying to figure how many cals i should be on!!! was on 1300 cal then went up to 1500 and i recently have had a gain in weight and I am now at 75.7kg so yesterday dropped my calories back down to 1350, six months ago i used to do a lot more exercise untill i did a knee injury and it has detered me a little so i have slacked off in the last six months.. but hoping to turn things around and get back on track and drop 5kg....How many cals do you think i should be on?? looking to do four days of exercise a week roughly !!!

Cheers :smile:

I'm 2200 cals/day, 120lbs, 5'7

While on a VLCD expect to gain weight as glycogen stores are depleted. If you kept up the 1500 you were likely to drop that and more off. If you change your diet don't judge it until you've given it some time (months).