Eating pass 7pm

Options
Any suggestions for stopping eating after 7pm?

Replies

• iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Just remember that it doesn't matter what time you eat as long as its within your calorie goals/caloric deficit.
  • Belenwright23
    Options
    Just remember that it doesn't matter what time you eat as long as its within your calorie goals/caloric deficit.

Great Advice!!!
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options

Great Advice!!!

Thanks! :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    why?
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter when you eat. I just ate oatmeal at midnight and I'm about to pass out. No worries.
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    willpower (easier said than done I know!)
    I no longer eat AT ALL after dinner at 6pm.....but it took a long time to not feel the craving to snack after dinner mindlessly.

As others have said though - if it's within your calories - then it shouldn't matter too much. Unfortunately my excess evening snacks never were.......lol!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    some people find they cant sleep if they eat after a certain time but if this is because u think its "bad for the metabolism" then dont worry you can eat whenever!!! it doesnt matter if you have one massive meal at 11pm or if you eat 5 meals throughout the day; the body runs on 24 hour cycles so as long as it gets the calories at some point it really doesnt matter:)

if u really dont want to, try brushing your teeth when u feel like eating. then if u do eat it will taste like **** lol.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    it's better not to eat 2 hours before your sleep, if you don't go to bed at 9 pm there is no problem
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner at 5pm but thats b/c I have 2 kids and there in bed by 7pm. I just make sure I have enough calories.If you have to eat by 7pm just save about 100 cals and eat a healthy snack.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i wish my body could tell time!

i eat til i go to bed. i can't sleep if i'm starved.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Don't eat a huge meal at 11 pm if your going to sleep afterwards. If you are in the habit of doing resistance exercise, then yes your body is burning fat 24 hours a day. Your body wants to use those nutrients every 3/4 hours to repair the muscle tissue damaged during the workout. It is then that your body will turn to your fat tissue reserves to aid in the process of repairing damaged tissue and for energy. If you eat a huge meal at 11 pm then go to sleep, your body will use the little amount that it needs for energy while you sleep, and the rest will be stored as fat. Calculate and time your meals. Your last meal of the day should complete your daily calorie goal. If you have reached your goal and had to stay up, I would eat primarily a small portion of protein in that last meal...only after drinking 8 oz of water. Often times what we perceive as a signal of hunger from the brain is false. That signal is normally dehydration. If you drink water and still feel the need to eat, then get some protein and call it a day. Realize that when waking, the liver has been releasing glucose energy throughout the night for brain function and is likely low on stored glycogen (storage form of glucose). And, blood glucose levels will likely be low as well (80 calories or lower). This should tell you that anywhere from 300-500 calories of ingested simple and complex carbohydrates at breakfast will likely be put to good use since the early morning “empty” Liver is able to store 300-400 calories of “glycogen”. Therefore, breakfast is the meal of the day that can arguably consist of the most carbohydrates with the intention of discouraging fat accumulation. As the day wears on, in the absence of exercise consideration, carbohydrate consumption should ideally taper off up to bedtime. The metabolism naturally winds down in the evening and ingested carbohydrates at that time will serve no purpose
    and be stored as fat. Then, upon waking, initiate this entire carbohydrate intake cycle all over again. Remember, high carbohydrates in the morning and low carbohydrates at night.
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do it but its never a large meal.. maybe fruit or some thing light...and especially no carbs
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much it matters, but if this is a habit you feel you need to get into, then make sure you eat enough foods before 7PM that keep you feeling full...

If you feel the urge to much in the evenings out of habit (not actual hunger), drink more water, or try to find something else to do to take the focus off eating. Don't keep junk food in the house that will tempt you!
  • MissTammie77
    MissTammie77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't eat a huge meal at 11 pm if your going to sleep afterwards. If you are in the habit of doing resistance exercise, then yes your body is burning fat 24 hours a day. Your body wants to use those nutrients every 3/4 hours to repair the muscle tissue damaged during the workout. It is then that your body will turn to your fat tissue reserves to aid in the process of repairing damaged tissue and for energy. If you eat a huge meal at 11 pm then go to sleep, your body will use the little amount that it needs for energy while you sleep, and the rest will be stored as fat. Calculate and time your meals. Your last meal of the day should complete your daily calorie goal. If you have reached your goal and had to stay up, I would eat primarily a small portion of protein in that last meal...only after drinking 8 oz of water. Often times what we perceive as a signal of hunger from the brain is false. That signal is normally dehydration. If you drink water and still feel the need to eat, then get some protein and call it a day. Realize that when waking, the liver has been releasing glucose energy throughout the night for brain function and is likely low on stored glycogen (storage form of glucose). And, blood glucose levels will likely be low as well (80 calories or lower). This should tell you that anywhere from 300-500 calories of ingested simple and complex carbohydrates at breakfast will likely be put to good use since the early morning “empty” Liver is able to store 300-400 calories of “glycogen”. Therefore, breakfast is the meal of the day that can arguably consist of the most carbohydrates with the intention of discouraging fat accumulation. As the day wears on, in the absence of exercise consideration, carbohydrate consumption should ideally taper off up to bedtime. The metabolism naturally winds down in the evening and ingested carbohydrates at that time will serve no purpose
    and be stored as fat. Then, upon waking, initiate this entire carbohydrate intake cycle all over again. Remember, high carbohydrates in the morning and low carbohydrates at night.

this is great! thanks x
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 551
    Options

This. Good luck!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    bandwagoning on all the other advice as long as its in your cals you're good. also keep in mind you dont want to be up all night digesting something like say a steak. i've been trying to eat lighter dinners since it helps me stay asleep. (ive been failing lol).
  • mama2beau
    mama2beau Posts: 21
    Options
    also keep in mind if you drink water than you may not feel hungry, just regulate that so you're not up/down all night using the bathroom lol
  • nychelle19
    Options
    Thanks for all the good advice!