Another job or school or both

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
I am 22 years old. I have a full time job but I do not make enough to have my own place so I still live at home. I pay for everything I would be paying for if I lived alone except for rent and utilities. I dropped out of high school when I was 16 and I still have not really tried to get my ged yet. I have the books I need to study from and everything I just haven't started yet.

So I don't know what I should do. My two options are 1. get a part time job on top of the one I have now so I will have enough money to make it on my own and study for my ged while I'm at my full time job. I work overnights at a trucking company so I could get in a good 5 hours of study time maybe a little more on slow nights. Option 2 keep the full time job I have now and study for the ged. Once I get the ged look for one better paying job.

Any advice ?
Also please no comments like you were stupid to drop out. I am well aware it was not a good choice

Replies

• mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i would stick it out at home and get your ged first. if you have 2 jobs it will be alot of pressure on top of studying aswell. go for it!! you can do any thing you set your mind to. xxx
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I always tell EVERYONE that school should be your first priority...

get your GED... then go to college.... the more letters you have after your name the more money you will make....

as long as you are your only responsibility your best bet is to get as much schooling as you can... it is HARD to try to go back to school when you are older and have kids and other responsibilities that take up all your time and energy... I went back to college as a single mom... and it was hell... but it was the best thing I ever did as I am now an RN in intensive care and I have a job I LOVE and I can take care of my kids and for the first time in 23 years I am not on government assistance...
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    SCHOOL!!! get an education or continue education!!