Breakfast The age old dielemma!

Options
ClairBears84
ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
I love eggs! I really do! I could eat them everyday, i eat them boiled, fried (nonstickpan), scrambeled, in quiche, any which way! I LOVE THEM!

I am also aware that surely this is not healthy to eat eggs every day!
What can I switch my breakfast up with????

I do not like oatmeal at all! and cereal doesnt not keep me full for long, I dont do shakes etc, I food too much, LOL Yeah I know I am full of rubbish!

I would love to have english muffins with stuff on but I try stay away from wheat because of my Psoriasis......

Any ideas...

Replies

• geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I struggle to eat breakfast and happily would wait til lunch, but my cousin recently suggested I have slimfast shake its a drink but it gives me some nutrition. I've been having this for the past couple of weeks and its working for me.

If I'm at home on weekends I tend to have poached egg or mushrooms on a slice of wholemeal toast.

Otherwise I sometimes have low fat natural yoghurt with fresh berries or a banana & honey
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    z041005eggs.jpg
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    I dont like shakes, or shall I say my body doesnt like them, and fruit doesnt keep me full.

Mayeb i should just have a sausage of some description on toast or something... mmmmm
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    z041005eggs.jpg

Love "Cool Hand Luke!"

As for eggs, they got a bad rep in the 80's/90's. Turns out, they're not as bad as once thought. Unless your doctor advises you to limit them, eat them. I have them for breakfast and dinner. I've had blood work done and my cholesterol (assuming that's why you're saying they're not healthy) is better than it was before I ate eggs. Contrary to what most think, there are benefits to eggs.

Good luck!! :)
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    eggs are fine daily

Current UK (NHS) guidance is: unless you have a diagnosed medical condition - "There is no recommended limit on how many eggs people should eat"

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/eggs-nutrition.aspx
  • emblosey
    emblosey Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm not sure why you do not want to eat eggs every day? If it is keeping you fuller longer, otherwise keeping you from eating more, possibly non-healthy food choices I'm all about it! Eggs are good for you, provide lots of protein... If you are trying to cut calories why not get an egg substitute? Egg beaters or something?

I usually eat a light yogurt and banana... found some refridgerator oatmeal recipe that is pretty good, but since you don't like oatmeal :-\
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    hahahahahahahaha! I bloody LOve this! :flowerforyou:
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    I'm not sure why you do not want to eat eggs every day? If it is keeping you fuller longer, otherwise keeping you from eating more, possibly non-healthy food choices I'm all about it! Eggs are good for you, provide lots of protein... If you are trying to cut calories why not get an egg substitute? Egg beaters or something?

I usually eat a light yogurt and banana... found some refridgerator oatmeal recipe that is pretty good, but since you don't like oatmeal :-\

Yeah oatmeal and I dont get along real well! :smile:
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    I guess somewehere someone told me that I shouldn't eat so many eggs and it got stuck in my head! BUT my goodness I love them and they keep me full till past snack time! I dont have more than 2 a day normally!

I prefer the advise here! Amazing how we like to hear what we want to hear! hehehehe! Ok Thats it I am sticking to eggs for now!

Wooooooohoooooo
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    z041005eggs.jpg

Love "Cool Hand Luke!"

As for eggs, they got a bad rep in the 80's/90's. Turns out, they're not as bad as once thought. Unless your doctor advises you to limit them, eat them. I have them for breakfast and dinner. I've had blood work done and my cholesterol (assuming that's why you're saying they're not healthy) is better than it was before I ate eggs. Contrary to what most think, there are benefits to eggs.

Good luck!! :)

Thanks hum, oh and they are so yummy! I never grow tired of them! I just love them! Somewhere someone told me that I shouldnt eat so many and i think it stuck in my brain!
  • JozefTorba
    JozefTorba Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just switch between eggs and egg whites only thats healthy source of protein with no fat at all... cooking is the same was as the whole egg :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yep, keep eating the eggs!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    keep eating eggs, they ARE healthy!

do some omelettes with veggies and protein ;)
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    you see i like this, because I LOOOOOOVE eggs

poached
    boiled
    dry fried
    omlette
    quiche
    scrambled

Yummmmmmmmmm!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    cheese, bacon, ham, toasted on gluten free bread, yogurts
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs every morning :)
  • Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree, eggs are great, but if you want a change sometimes yoghurt is great. I think to really fill you up it has to be thick, full fat, Greek style yoghurt, which (I recently found out!) has as much protein as a protein shake. A medium-small serving is less than 150 calories and I have it with seeds, whatever fruit I have lying around, and a bit of granola for crunch :-)
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    I am feeling so much better about the eggs! Thanks guys, I normlly slice a rye slice in half so its real thin, and I add 20g cheese and an egg on each! Om my goodness!

Or a rye slice with marmalade and 2 boiled eggs.

Yummmm!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you're not too limited on time, I like making oat pancakes for breakfast - I could eat them everyday but they're a little high in calories - comes to about 450 when you include toppings (I use margarine and maple syrup). Anyways, this is the recipe:

Mix the following:

1 mashed banana
    1/2 cup oats
    1 egg
    1-3 tablespoons flour (white or wholemeal), just to get the right consistency
    1 pinch cinnamon
    1 pinch salt
    1 pinch baking soda

Heat a bit of butter in a frying pan and fry like regular pancakes till brown on each side.
    Top with whatever :smile:
  • ClairBears84
    Options
    If you're not too limited on time, I like making oat pancakes for breakfast - I could eat them everyday but they're a little high in calories - comes to about 450 when you include toppings (I use margarine and maple syrup). Anyways, this is the recipe:

Mix the following:

1 mashed banana
    1/2 cup oats
    1 egg
    1-3 tablespoons flour (white or wholemeal), just to get the right consistency
    1 pinch cinnamon
    1 pinch salt
    1 pinch baking soda

Heat a bit of butter in a frying pan and fry like regular pancakes till brown on each side.
    Top with whatever :smile:

OMG!! that sounds amazing! Will save this for a weekend :) Thanks! Yummm!